New Viofo A139 !

Choices are good as long as they don't cause other problems ;)

Phil

I trust my eyes, not what is said.
Wi fi has not interfered with anyone and does not create problems.
I have been with Wifi registrars for 5 years and I know all the subtleties.
If Viofo makes a choice for the user, it's another matter.
For myself, I will change the firmware as it is convenient for me !!

making the wifi by default, but after 3 minutes, turn it off automatically!
It doesn't turn off unless it is disconnected from your phone, so if it turns on by default, it will be on for the rest of the journey, unless you disable your phone wifi.

I like it as it is, you can choose to turn it on, and if you do then it stays on until you turn it off, or until you leave the car and your phone disconnects.

I have to admit i also prefer to be able to give a quick glance on the dashcam screen, also why i have "installed" the SG9663DR test camera the way i have, and i also did the same with the K2S system when i got it.
BUT ! i would also be okay not being able to see the screen, at least when a camera get moved to the daily use position in the car.

It doesn't turn off unless it is disconnected from your phone,
I write that the wifi is needed only for control, then it turns off - the firmware does
The way it is now, I know perfectly well ...

1. Previous Viofo models are lowering the bitrate when Wi-Fi is on so it is not OK to always have 3 minutes of lower video quality.
2. A good dashcam does not need checking every time you start the car. A great dashcam is a „set and forget” dashcam.
3. Of course, one more Menu setting to always start the camera with Wi-Fi on can be added but the default must be Off.
4. Camera always starting with Wi-Fi can make your smartphone always connecting to camera SSID and for 3 minutes you always will be disconnected from internet. Of course the user can make some settings to smartphone so it can not connect always to A139 SSID but many users will not do this and at some moment will be disappointed.
5. Adding one more startup process to camera can create some situations when camera will not start working as expected and this will return in buyers complaints to forums or to sellers.

enjoy,
Mtz

I've been running the low bitrate parking mode at max resolution with the hardwire kit for several days now. I've got an 80A lead-acid battery in my old 'bus' and with the low voltage cut-off set to 12.2V I'm getting around 16 hours recording time reliably and with no problems of any kind :cool:

Phil

Something VIOFO forgot about us !! ?? :cry:

Haha, these cams runs Linux, best way would be for it connect to phone accesspoint.

There is no news for a long time !!
It's time for the HDR, and 2560x1080, and the horizon line
For me this 139 is just super!
VIOFO respect and respect !! (y)

@vvs49 It's quite interesting. Brand new product and there isn't even a firmware on the Viofo's website. (there was some crutial fixes, if i'm not mistaken)

firmware on the Viofo's website
Yes, the site is not, you have to ask them on Facebook !!
For 119, it was on Facebook that they gave the last firmware !!

Yes, the site is not, you have to ask them on Facebook !!
For 119, it was on Facebook that they gave the last firmware !!

That's not a good customer service approach. Most customers aren't going to look on facebook, but a manufacturers website, for updates. I would highly suggest Viofo post updates in both locations. Just look at amazon and there are a few reviews complaining of issues, which I am sure probably have been addressed with firmware.

This customer are not even on facebook, he even think no one should be on facebook, as ( this may come as a surprise for many ) the world work just fine without facebook, maybe even better.

This customer are not even on facebook, he even think no one should be on facebook, as ( this may come as a surprise for many ) the world work just fine without facebook, maybe even better.
Facebook blocked all news related links in Australia starting from yesterday and half the country is losing their minds, personally enjoying it without all the news crap anyway

I saw that, my money are on AU in this fight. to hell with Mark Bloodsuckerberg

I am amazed people dont realize, that what ever they followed on FB for news, well they probably have their own app, or at least a mobile friendly home page, where they can get all the news they want.
Media here interviewed a Dane living out there, she just went to the sources for her news and as that was it she would probably ditch FB now.

I saw that, my money are on AU in this fight. to hell with Mark Bloodsuckerberg
personally I think the government has got it wrong, they're backing the media but they're just the mouthpiece for Murdoch, old media is bleeding to death and they're using desperate measures to try and remain relevant, they post news stories on Facebook and think Facebook should pay them for it, now they can't post their heads are all exploding

Sounds like they got what they asked for from both sides :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Back