New Viofo A139 !

Mtrev

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think it must be the windscreen, it is hardwired but i have the ignition on, wifi is on, sometimes it shows on my phione then it vanishes, ill have to power it off my powerbank and try and pull the rear cable down abit to try and get it off the windscreen, seems maybe the ddpai wifi wasnt that bad after all, it must be my windows, even the side windows have all wierd wires in them
What car is this on? Wires in the front side windows or rear fixed windows?

ADD150N

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What car is this on? Wires in the front side windows or rear fixed windows?
A scirocco, its the rear side windows, i connected the dashcam to my powerbank then connected it to my phone in the house, was perfect, stood outside the car it was perfect, as soon as i sit in the car the wifi disconnects, its really odd, as my phone wifi works fine in the car

Nath

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Dual A139-3CH, Dual Viofo A129Pro-2CH
A scirocco, its the rear side windows, i connected the dashcam to my powerbank then connected it to my phone in the house, was perfect, stood outside the car it was perfect, as soon as i sit in the car the wifi disconnects, its really odd, as my phone wifi works fine in the car
Have you tried to use another band? The default is 2.4GHz, so i would give a try 5GHz (and if i recall correctly there was even a firmware which should give an access to Wifi channel option) Could be just a coincidence of the same channel of two Wifi AP's which interfere with each other.

ADD150N

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried to use another band? (default is 2.4GHz, so i would try 5GHz and if i recall correctly there was even a firmware which should give an access to Wifi channel option) Could be just a coincidence of the same channel of two Wifi AP's which interfere with each other.
i did update the firmware lastnight, iv got it on 5ghz, ill try it on 2.4 as im not going to transfer files using the phone, ill remove the sd card for that, but i need to see it in the car to adjust settings and re position the lense ect. cheers.

Mtrev

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i did update the firmware lastnight, iv got it on 5ghz, ill try it on 2.4 as im not going to transfer files using the phone, ill remove the sd card for that, but i need to see it in the car to adjust settings and re position the lense ect. cheers.
Does your car have any Wi-fi options? for instance in my wife’s golf she can connect it to my phones Wi-fi hotspot. I wonder if something like that is active so the car is trying to connect to the camera or interfering with it.

ADD150N

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does your car have any Wi-fi options? for instance in my wife’s golf she can connect it to my phones Wi-fi hotspot. I wonder if something like that is active so the car is trying to connect to the camera or interfering with it.
No it doesn't have wifi in the car, it is a very high spec car tho, so it maybe gps or poss dab or something, I think it was just the fact it was on 5ghz , really strange, the car must be killing the 5ghz as the the phone was right next to the dashcam, i changed to 2.4ghz and it seems to be ok,

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
If you have parking mode on, it will kill the wifi when it change to parking mode.
I used the wifi and my phone when adjusting the rear camera angle, that worked just fine.

But i understand your pain, i have another camera that fortunately have a screen, but i simply can not connect to its wifi, any phone / tablet i have tried just fail that.
Also help a lot of my issue in that regard that i am a avid wifi and phone hater, so dont use or think much of either of those.

ADD150N

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you have parking mode on, it will kill the wifi when it change to parking mode.
I used the wifi and my phone when adjusting the rear camera angle, that worked just fine.

But i understand your pain, i have another camera that fortunately have a screen, but i simply can not connect to its wifi, any phone / tablet i have tried just fail that.
Also help a lot of my issue in that regard that i am a avid wifi and phone hater, so dont use or think much of either of those.
This was definatly the car doing something to 5ghz, it was being powered from a powerbank during the testing, worked perfect untill i sat in the car, the car was off, it seems fine on 2.4ghz,

ADD150N

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
next thing i need to find is a pair of clear stickers with a line on each, set the camera angles correct, then stick the stickers to each side then if i move to clean the lens i just twist to line up the stickers.