U1000 switching off from parking mode

Xanoe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a U1000 Front and Rear setup powered by a Cellink Neo 9, which is hard wired to my fuse box. I have noticed a few times when getting into the car that the dash cam is off. When I check the charge level of the Cellink it is around 30% or lower. When I turn the engine on the dash cam powers on and enters continuous recording mode and the Cellink begins to charge.

I have had this setup for a year now. On a separate note I had to replace the fuse connected to the always on supply which had burned out after a year of use. It was connected to an unused slot which had no rating in the manual. It worked fine until now. I have now connected the new fuse to a slot I know is rated for 20A. A few days after this I noticed the dash cam was off again when I got in the car. This time the capacity was showing 40%.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing the dash cam to shut down.

I have a U1000 Front and Rear setup powered by a Cellink Neo 9, which is hard wired to my fuse box. I have noticed a few times when getting into the car that the dash cam is off. When I check the charge level of the Cellink it is around 30% or lower. When I turn the engine on the dash cam powers on and enters continuous recording mode and the Cellink begins to charge.

I have had this setup for a year now. On a separate note I had to replace the fuse connected to the always on supply which had burned out after a year of use. It was connected to an unused slot which had no rating in the manual. It worked fine until now. I have now connected the new fuse to a slot I know is rated for 20A. A few days after this I noticed the dash cam was off again when I got in the car. This time the capacity was showing 40%.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing the dash cam to shut down.

What have you set the U1000 shut down voltage settings to, to prevent complete battery discharge?

Edited. Are you sure you are connected to a permanent live? I do not have a Cellink, so my U1000 is connected directly to the live feed on the fuse box but U1000 has its own fuse.

Last edited:
seems to me your new fuse is not permanent...? (some fuses can stay on for a long time, but do eventually shut off)

Have you got the Parking Mode Timer set in the Camera Settings? If so put this to 72hrs or 'disabled' as you have a Battery Pack also. As mentioned check the shut off voltage level for the U1000 is set correctly (could use 11.6v as it doesn't matter if you flatten the Cellink)

I have just installed the U1000 in my car with the radar module - I have the Cellink Neo 9+ connected directly to my car's battery with ACC coming off near 12V socket. Previously with Viofo 129 Pro Duo.
All is working well, camera jumps to Parking mode etc but the problem is, only runs for a few minutes then shuts off.... Power draw under sleep with radar on 50mA (0.05A) which is my best guess why the damn thing turns off after a few minutes (no longer responds to hits / movement). The power draw is way too low for the battery - kinda annoying. No idea how to solve this problem other than getting rid of the radar and having regular parking mode enabled, which defeats the whole purpose why I wanted it this way, for the battery to last over 5 days. Battery at 95% charge, providing 13.3V.
Any ideas on this issue?

EDIT: I double checked now again with the Neo app, and... its consuming 90mA constantly but the camera no reaction :(

I have a Samsung Endurance 128GB card in the dash cam - is there any chance that this SD Card is the issue? I had it run through checks etc came out okay.

Last edited:
Do you still have the original Memory card that you could test it with? When i tested with Radar it was using around 60ma. (Make sure Radar in enabled in the Settings)

When the camera is in Energy Save parking mode all of the LEDS should go off on the rear of the camera. If you then wave your hand in front of the radar you should see the Red REC light come on but it won't Save that footage unless there is also an impact detected.

Just put the original memory card in - it does the above for about 5 minutes after which draws 90mA and sort off freezes and never comes back to life :(

Have you tried it in the normal parking modes to see if it stays on as you would expect?

Not had a chance just yet - but it seemed smoother with the original sd card altogether. I'll check the car in 2 hours to see if the thing is still running. Also re-flashed the firmware and tried to reset the camera but no idea how lol.
I made sure radar is enabled, and any movement outside or inside the car makes the red icon pop up. Draw is 33mA @ 13.5V at the battery, which doesn't turn off actually and keeps running :)

Hopefully its just the SD Card. Which is odd because the 256GB Sandisk Endurance plain off doesn't work, 128GB Samsung Endurance works but looks like it messes up with the parking.

Hello,

Have you checked the Winter Setting? My unit was cutting off on Parking Mode after 5 Minutes. The Monthly Winter Setting box was checked. Once I unchecked the box, the unit went to its regularly scheduled program.

Battery Protection and Winter Protection is off.
It was the SD Card - with the original thinkware its working perfectly. Drawing a nice 40mA @ 13.3V - after 18hrs its still operating fine and only ate 4% of the Neo 9+ - Exactly what I wanted when buying this cam.

I will probably splash for the 128gb card for more continuous capacity, I never expected a dash cam to be so picky about an SD Card - especially that they were the samsung endurance and sandisk endurance cards!

Reactions: Mtz
Battery Protection and Winter Protection is off.
It was the SD Card - with the original thinkware its working perfectly. Drawing a nice 40mA @ 13.3V - after 18hrs its still operating fine and only ate 4% of the Neo 9+ - Exactly what I wanted when buying this cam.

I will probably splash for the 128gb card for more continuous capacity, I never expected a dash cam to be so picky about an SD Card - especially that they were the samsung endurance and sandisk endurance cards!
I am using a large card as follows:

SanDisk Extreme 512GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A2 App Performance + Rescue Pro Deluxe, up to 160MB/s, Class 10, UHS-I, U3, V30

Read the following thread:

Aha, that's the catch... A2...
In which case, I will probably go with the following one: SanDisk Extreme Pro 256 GB microSDXC Memory Card
Barely any difference in price between the Pro and Non-Pro (£2) so why not :p

Cheers bud!

I can confirm that the extreme pro 256GB from sandisk works like a dream with the U1000. I had a little worry the card I got was fake but it turned out to me being paranoid :p
Thank you chaps for your help!

Back