Which car charger splitter recommended?

woorich

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to use a splitter for the car's cigar charger for a TF2+.
I know some other camera models have had issues with using the wrong equipment.

Are there any specific brands or models for a splitter that are recommended, or particular electrical requirements I need to look for when buying one?

if it's just a double adapter for the cig plug you're looking for they're just passive devices

I believe the only time you have to be worried about things like electrical requirements is if you are going to use a different power supply set up then what has been included with the camera.

Here is what i use to split things in my vehicle. One of witch is a Vico TF2
23u1yzo.jpg

jpv38g.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the green color, but because I had to wire it into my vehicle and next to that box that is covering my stock cig outlets I had to have a switch on the front in cause I needed to turn things off and most on Amazon have the switch in the back. I bought this one at Walmart for about $15 dollars and everything has been okay so far.

if it's just a double adapter for the cig plug you're looking for they're just passive devices
I'm referring to discussions like this
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/separate-front-and-rear-dash-cams.3289/

I have a single charger (I'm assuming it's 12V). I want to be able to run a Vico TF2+ and a Garmin GPS unit at the same time, without either one of them being damaged or failing to work. So I just want to make sure I don't get the wrong kind of splitter or connecting cables, if the TF2+ has any special requirements (as the Mobius seems to).
I'm not that knowledgeable about electrical stuff.

Yeah. If you were to try to take something like this and then buy two USB cables and plug one into your GPS and the other into your Vico and use what I linked to there and run them off of your one charger port you would need to worry about the required power output. However as jokiin mentioned if you are going they way I have posted there is not much to worry about.

I would maybe read some reviews on Amazon about build quality (Some might be built a little better then others) but outside of that it should not be to big a deal. I bought one like this years ago and the plug would always pop out of my lighter socket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back