MicroSD card for A129 Pro?

Has anyone been able to test 512Gb in the A129 Pro after a complete cycle?

Anyone using Sandisk Extreme Pro, 128 GB? Any thoughts?

Just get the endurance

I don't think there is a high endurance 512 GB card yet. Largest is 256 GB I think.

Was referring to post above me... Its worth the money to keep it safe. Idk if there is 512gb i ve got 256

Haven't seen this one mentioned but it was supplied by the Viofo UK reseller and has worked fine, including the wrap-around... The make is Integral (its got a bit frayed taking it in and out for laptop reviewing!):
20220319_093754.jpg

WD Purple is pretty cheap and it's rated for 24/7 surveillance purposes. (works perfectly fine in A129 Pro)

Not at all, 256 GB would cost at least $63 on Amazon

Hello
I've been using in my Viofo A 129 PRO a 256GB Samsung EVO card for over a year now. Now I'm going to switch to 512GB. I want to order a card from the same seller on Ali, from whom I bought 256GB.
I want to ask those who use 512 GB. Are there any features or nuances of using a 512 card, if the camera officially supports only 256?

Cameras tend to only "officially" support the maximum size memory card available at the time of manufacture. I doubt that you will have any problem with compatibility of the 512GB card. I do wonder how long it will last in the dash cam application since I have yet to see a high endurance version of a 512GB memory card.

I do wonder how long it will last in the dash cam application since I have yet to see a high endurance version of a 512GB memory card.
Are you saying that a 512GB card is less hardy than a card from the same manufacturer, but at 256GB?

I thought it was the other way around. :(
With the same mode of use, a 512GB card should work longer, since the rewriting cycles will be 2 times less than that of a 256GB card.

Thank you for the clarification and remark, you have planted doubts in me. It will be necessary to study the issue, since I have not ordered a 512GB card yet.

Are you saying that a 512GB card is less hardy than a card from the same manufacturer, but at 256GB?

I thought it was the other way around. :(
With the same mode of use, a 512GB card should work longer, since the rewriting cycles will be 2 times less than that of a 256GB card.

Thank you for the clarification and remark, you have planted doubts in me. It will be necessary to study the issue, since I have not ordered a 512GB card yet.
Sometimes the high endurance 256GB version uses the same memory as the normal 512GB version. The difference is that only half the memory is visible and after a certain number of write cycles the well used memory gets swapped for fresh memory, thus giving the card twice the write cycle life. Of course the total number of writes is the same, but they can label one as high endurance. It is good for the manufacturers since if they make a 512GB and find that there are only 510GB actually working, they can then mark it as a high endurance version and it will have the full 256GB capacity and will last nearly twice as long as a normal 256GB.

In reality it is not quite that simple, but you definitely shouldn't expect a 512GB to have twice the life of a 256GB, unless it is written in the specifications for capacity and write cycles. It is far more likely that when used in a dashcam, they will have the same life time.

Sometimes the high endurance 256GB version uses the same memory as the normal 512GB version. The difference is that only half the memory is visible and after a certain number of write cycles the well used memory gets swapped for fresh memory, thus giving the card twice the write cycle life. Of course the total number of writes is the same, but they can label one as high endurance. It is good for the manufacturers since if they make a 512GB and find that there are only 510GB actually working, they can then mark it as a high endurance version and it will have the full 256GB capacity and will last nearly twice as long as a normal 256GB.

In reality it is not quite that simple, but you definitely shouldn't expect a 512GB to have twice the life of a 256GB, unless it is written in the specifications for capacity and write cycles. It is far more likely that when used in a dashcam, they will have the same life time.
Thank you for opening my eyes. It will be necessary to think, maybe it will be easier to just buy a second 256GB card for long-distance trip.

Thank you for opening my eyes. It will be necessary to think, maybe it will be easier to just buy a second 256GB card for long-distance trip.
This will be the best option.
If one 256GB card fails, the second will remain working.

This will be the best option.
If one 256GB card fails, the second will remain working.
It is good to have a spare in the car, but that doesn't need to be a high capacity spare.

I think in general, it is better to go for the higher capacity cards, if the lifetime/£ is about the same, because then you always have twice as much video stored and still accessible. Normally video from 200 miles ago is not of much use, but occasionally it may be.

It is good to have a spare in the car, but that doesn't need to be a high capacity spare.
I use the second card not only as a spare.
It is not difficult to calculate the filling time of the memory card on long trips, when filling one card in the DVR,
I replace it with a clean one and at the end I have a video from the entire trip.

Normally video from 200 miles ago is not of much use, but occasionally it may be.
For some unusual events, I have a Bluetooth button on the steering wheel to block the file from being overwritten, so after not very long trips I can return to the event through the saved files and calmly analyze it. Just I had an event at the end of which I clicked "block", but a few seconds before that, the registrar completed the current three-minute block and started recording a new one. It turned out that I blocked a file where there was nothing interesting anymore, and the last block was overwritten, since the trip was long.
It is not difficult to calculate the filling time of the memory card on long trips, when filling one card in the DVR,
I still don't want to think about filling out an SD card on long trips.

Back