VIOFO WM1

I remember @rcg530 saying something about the limited camera adjustment of the hinge style mount.
Side windows are usually more upright, (straight up & down) than sloped windshields.
So that may be another challenge.
From the user manual:
1675073938090.png
60deg adjustment might not be enough for upright side windows. An optional 30deg wedge between the mount and the glass could fix that.

An optional 30deg wedge between the mount and the glass could fix that
I'm fresh out of 30 degree wedges.
Can I barrow a cup of wedges like a good neighbor?

Looking at the previous images, it seems that it provides use up to a completely flat glass or 60° inclination, that is, in the negative direction. ie suitable for side windows.

Side windows are usually more upright, (straight up & down) than sloped windshields.
So that may be another challenge.

Yeah, that's a whole other challenge for side cameras but of course, it depends on the vehicle.

In my truck, side cameras mount from the top of the window frame (like from a ceiling), which makes things much easier.

I'm fresh out of 30 degree wedges.
Can I barrow a cup of wedges like a good neighbor?

If you do ever find yourself in need of wedges, you can buy them on Amazon or at any decent hardware store. There are different types available but the most common are made of nylon and they are primarily used to stabilize furniture. They come in different thicknesses. You can stack them using 3M VHB tape or glue for increased angles and butt two of them together for wider support. Personally, I've been using them with dash cam installations for years. Look for "furniture wedges", "wobble wedges" or "leveling shims". Another thing some of us have done is make our own out of wood in our home workshops.

wedges.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe this WM1 is meant to siphon off sales from the Garmin Mini 2.
Like already Viofo answered, there will be another model without screen and vertical mount style as Garmin Mini 2. The WM1 is horizontal style. But because it will have much better technology (and maybe GPS), it will be a little bigger than Garmin Mini 2. The higher the resolution, the bigger the camera case needs to be because of the cooling needed. But I expect the design will be much better than Mini 2 from Garmin. :cool:

@DashCamMan , searching on this forum for WM1 is showing 0 results.

searching on this forum for WM1 is showing 0 results.

For some reason the search function on this forum doesn't respond well to searches that only have three or fewer characters like "WM1". A search for "Viofo WM1" does the trick. Maybe @DashCamMan can offer more info?

The database software is setup to index words that are 4 characthers or longer. Hence you cannot search for words that are 3 characters or less. Will check if there is a way to reduce it to 3 characters.

Looks like Viofo has officially launched it on their website today.

Looks like Viofo has officially launched it on their website today.
Why am I always the last to hear about these things? lol
Does it have cloud?
Does it have NATO compliant night vision?
Does it have electrified sentry mode?
Does it have 8K240fps?
Does it have H.266?
Can it see through walls?
Just kidding, I love all these crazy questions I see on YouTube videos. LMAO
-Chuck

I happened to check in on the Viofo web site today for reasons other than the WM1 and of course, it was the first thing I noticed. The second thing I noticed was the price, which seems very appealing. It should be especially appealing when discounted for Black Friday, Prime Day, etc., assuming it performs as expected considering the specs.

Last edited:
The WM1 is a budget Viofo dashcam to compete with other brands under $100 price.
It is with Sony IMX335 and doesn't have HDR.

If it doesn't have HDR now it will not have in the future.

You are free to believe what you want. Time will tell.
A229 has obtained HDR until now? Not. It was launched one year ago. HDR is not only about software but hardware too.

Last edited:
I wonder what is the tech difference between WDR and HDR ?

Both the A119 V3 and the WM1 use the Sony IMX335 sensor but they have different processors so one may be capable of HDR and the other one not. The A119 V3 uses the Novatek NT96670 while the WM1 has the Novatek NTK96565.
The NTK96565 is apparently a lower priced product that may not have all the features of the NT96670.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Panzer Platform WM1 6
Boattail WM1 3
rcg530 WM1 18
Karagandinez WM1 26
Panzer Platform WM1 75
Back