Samoon 3H2F / GS6000 A7 Ambarella

I have also latest Texet firmware. It seems to corrupt older recordings in card. Chkdsk reports crosslinks.
Picture quality is quite good now when setting better quality. There is no such options in original Samoon fw.
Here is sample shot today.

I tried updating my GS6000 firmware to the latest Texet firmware, TX3H2FDDGC.140228.V1, but it's stuck at Stage 5 of 6 showing 100%. I assume this means stage 5 is complete, but it won't go into stage 6.

Any thoughts?

ETA: I pushed the reset button using a plastic pin in the side of the unit while it was stuck, the unit reset and it now works and displays Texet while the LCD while powering up.

Last edited:
It is normal that is stucks at 5/6 with this cam.
I hope that they will solve corruption of recordings and loop recording when card is full.

Is there any fixes for recording corruption or/and loop recording?

My Marcus 3 records at about 16MB total, and the file sizes are over 500MB a clip. That has to run what over 1GB a clip at 30MB?
The memory capacity is not important, important video quality...)
The video quality Marcus 3 is not good (IMHO).

The memory capacity is not important, important video quality...)
I know. I was just curious. I kind of wish I could go buy one and try it out now to check out the video quality myself.

I have a GS6000 A7, and thanks to you all I have got the (probably) newest firmware from Texet, working fine.
However, it seems that the GPS data included in the .mov video files does not contain the altitude data (RegistratorViewer does not see it).
Does anybody know if there is any hope to find one day a firmware allowing to recover also the altitude ?

Custom firmware - teXet DVR-571G (022814 beta (DEWARP function)) - clone GS6000 A7
http://yadi.sk/d/c_evUCPGJmnvB
Varable Bitrate - 10-20-30Mbit
Hi, I've just upgraded to the latest Texet firmware (030614) and wondered if you'd tweaked the throughput for the video settings in normal, fine and super fine please?

I've just compared some clips from the standard firmware to the latest Texet firmware and they're hovering between 16-18Mbps.

I'm going to install your firmware and see how I get on thank-you :)

Is there a particular recommended firmware that offers better night performance please as so far the quality is awful!

Last edited:
Thank-you Falsificator, I've got your Feb custom beta installed and will try these two on Monday when I'm back home to see how they go. The bitrate was definitely higher with your linked custom firmwares.

I've also got a GT680W here to compare with now too.

Silly question but do the iTracker GS6000, Texet DG571 and AdvoCam FD7 Profi all use the same lens? I know they're the same sensor but are the optics always the same? From the specs it would suggest so, I'm just hoping I can get this one to show the same quality as you have seen with the custom files above.

I did notice that playback throughout RegistratorViewer on my Windows PC of night videos seems better than playback through QuickTime on my Mac!

I have a speaker grille on the dash of my Passat CC which reflects and seems to cause the sensor a hard time in day and night.

Have you guys managed to get the 720p 60fps option as I've not seen it in the firmware I've tried yet?

Last edited:
Texet DG571 - Fish-eye lens + Dewarp function
GS6000, AdvoCam FD7 -Standart prime lenses

Last edited:
Thank-you for confirming :)

I've just done 3 hours driving with the custom late Feb firmware and the quality is awesome - I'll try to get some night footage this evening / tomorrow night and then compare to the AdvoCam custom firmware.

It is like a new camera though - the custom firmware has transformed the GS6000!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A GSXXXX 4
A GSXXXX 25
krawler GSXXXX 10
Back