Samoon 3H2F / GS6000 A7 Ambarella

the hardware can support that functionality, really need someone that's using one to comment on whether or not the firmware supports it, perhaps one of the posters above will be able to confirm for you

Can anyone confirm the latest 'working' firmware for this camera and provide a download link to get the file? from what I can see in previous posts, the latest version was dated 131028V1.

Also, if you are using the latest firmware, how would you rate the improvements to the firmware? Has it improved the low light recording or added other features to the dvr?
Thanks.

http://dashcamtalk.com/3h2f-d-gs6000/
http://www.texet.ru/dvr/dvr571g.htm

The top one has the gs6000 firmware download in it in the Firmware section near the bottom of the page.
The other one has the latest Texet firmware in it. You need to navigate to the support then download section where you will find a later version of the firmware than in Wenni 's link.

Hope that helps.

That helps thanks but I certainly wouldn't want to flash the firmware with a Russian version that I can't even understand their webpage to say what's what.

I wonder where DashcamTalk got the firmware update from, the Samoon site has a firmware download section but the only thing that can be found in there is some electronic dog software.

http://www.samoon.net/en/download.asp?lm=9

Crappy website too, you can't even see info on their link for the 3H2F-D.

Thanks.

That helps thanks but I certainly wouldn't want to flash the firmware with a Russian version that I can't even understand their webpage to say what's what.

I wonder where DashcamTalk got the firmware update from, the Samoon site has a firmware download section but the only thing that can be found in there is some electronic dog software.

http://www.samoon.net/en/download.asp?lm=9

Crappy website too, you can't even see info on their link for the 3H2F-D.

Thanks.
If you translate the Russian page using google translate then it becomes quite easy to follow.
If you read the firmware section of the DashcamTalk link I gave you it gives you the download link and it tells you it comes from Foxoffer.

Does the A7 ambarella Car DVR support maximum Speed warning as well as upside down (image rotation) display mode like in the Gt680W dash cam?

I have just received my camera today. Answer is 'no'. There is no speed alert warning option and no option to flip the image to mount the camera any other way. The Firmware is very basic to say the least and the options are quite limited to the bare minimum.

I would like to be able to have a speed display on the viewer for a start and also to have some control over image quality, such as sharpness, exposure metering like centre, or multi.

Hopefully there will be further improvements to the firmware in the near future, but for now I will have to do some test video's to see how it looks.[/quote]

I am finding the video quality of this camera quite poor! I don't think the higher resolution is any better than the 1080P on other older cameras. The 1080P on this camera is quite ordinary.
The video seems to be quite dark and not that sharp with video taken throughout the daylight hours.
I'm disapointed with the performance given that this is the latest and greatest technology out there.
The quick release function is very hard to take apart and you end up putting your finger all over the lens which is very annoying.
As for the LDWS feature, does anyone know how it actually works? There are no instructions for this function and it is a mystery to me. (Not that I think I would rely on it)

Does your devices delete random recordings? Mine does never use more than about 10gigs of space of 32g sdcard. Overwriting settings are disabled :(
Vid quality is not so good than I expected.
Here is one sample of mine
Ford heated windscreen makes some disortion.
I use class 10 sdcard, but video is not too smooth compared to this Novatek based GS9000

Last edited:
I loaded firmware from TEXET onto camera and it worked perfectly. Video is definitely improved and there are many more options for changing video settings such as brightness etc.
There is a speed alert menu setting, but the speeds are pre set and have a limited number of options.
I recommend updating the firmware to the latest from the TEXET website.

Just bought a GS6000. Does anyone know why it records in blocks of 140Mb? Is this normal for car cams as this is my first one? I am using a 64Gb Class10 card.

Just bought a GS6000. Does anyone know why it records in blocks of 140Mb? Is this normal for car cams as this is my first one? I am using a 64Gb Class10 card.
If you are using the original firmware then you are recording 5 minute blocks at one of 3 resolutions. The higher quality the video the more space is used.
For example I am using the firmware from Texet which has 3 different resolutions with 3 different video qualities in each giving 9 variations. I am using the 20 minute setting and it records in blocks of about 1.5 Gb. This gives me about 7 hours of recording time on my 32 Gb card at fairly high resolution. If I set this up for the best quality it fills a 32Gb card in about 3 hours.

Last edited:
There is a new beta firmware on the TEXET site. This includes speed camera detector software built in. Haven't tested it yet so don't know if it detects cameras outside Russia.

There is a new beta firmware on the TEXET site. This includes speed camera detector software built in. Haven't tested it yet so don't know if it detects cameras outside Russia.

the camera locations need a POI file, they'd only be providing a file for Russia I'm sure, not impossible to do other areas but they'd have no interest in doing this when it's not their market, the files need to be maintained and updated on a reasonably regular basis and the data takes up space so they'd only have what they need included, they're not the first to do this but it's something that may become more popular perhaps

==========================================================================================
Attention!
Before upgrading carefully read the instructions!

List of changes.

1. Database of speed cameras preinstalled in Russian firmware. In copying the file to the memory card is not necessary.
2. Added ability to select the distance, towards which the user will be notified of a speed camera.
3. When you disable loop recording the maximum file size will be 3,64 GB.

=========================================================================================
This is the translation of the warning that comes with the download. The previous firmware had the extra POI file to download. This firmware file is about 3 Mb larger so probably only contains Russian database!

I just purchased the Samoon 3h2f and I would really like to use the Texet firmware to get the added benefits but I am a little apprehensive about possibly bricking my new dash cam or not being able read the menu if its in a foreign language.
Once i copy the Texet firmware file over to the memory card and start up the camera, is the default menu/options language in English?
If it isn't in english, could anyone provide the steps to navigate the menu to change the language to english(haven't found a manual for the Texet version)?
Last question- If I am not able to get the firmware to work, do I simply delete the .bin file from the memory card then put the original samoon firmware on the card then restart, or do I have to take ever steps in order to get it to work?
I apologize for my ignorance, and I really appreciate the help.

Hi j.huf,
The default language was English when I flashed mine with the Texet.
Make sure when you flash it, you leave it fully to finish updating. I can assure you it works perfectly well when installed and is way better than the original firmware. Well worth the upgrade.

meherenow7- Thank you very much for the quick reply, and the information! That is a huge relief to hear that it is already in English. I am getting my microSD card in the mail today so I'll be doing the update this evening.
Meherenow7 (or anyone else that has done the texet update) Since you have successfully installed the TeXet DVR571G firmware onto your Samoon/GS6000, would you mind confirming that these are the correct steps on flashing the TeXet firmware:
1)Copy the 'firmware.bin' file to the root folder (F:\)
2)Put microSD card into the Samoon 3h2F
3)Turn on the Samoon 3h2f dash cam and wait for installation to finish
Did I miss any steps, or do I need to do anything on the dash cam before or after the installation finishes?
It seems to be a pretty straight forward and simple process but I am brand new to Dash Cams so I just want to make sure I do it correctly to avoid the headaches I've read about with firmware updates gone wrong.
I've looked all of the internet on this topic and this is the only forum thread I've seen that speaks on this topic, so thanks everyone for all the help!

j.huf. That's the procedure, except that when you turn on the Device it will ask if you want to proceed with the Firmware update or not.
Make sure you don't interuppt it until it clearly says the update is finished. If it locks up and has been a really long time, use a pin to reset the device on the side and then start up again and try the update again.
Good Luck.

Back