Bug report thread

I had this error today - there was no memory card in the cam (was during installation)

mine just did the lock and buzz an hour ago right when I was dropping off at the dealer. Thing started to smell "burnt" it is fine now. I did pull it out of the cradle without turning it off. It may be a bug when it goes from DC to Battery while recording. The looks on the cops face when they heard a buzz from the unit sitting on the service advisors podium. They all bring their patrol cars to the same car dealership for service lol.

Hi, again.
I still waiting an answer: anybody has any suggestions about startup freezing?
Is this hardware malfunction or firmware issue? What can I to try to resolve this?

I still continuing using same 64Gb Samsung MicroSD and have not had this issue any more. Maybe for me it was a temporary one time bug, kinda vaccine ? :)

My mini 0803 (8GB internal + GPS + 32GB Sandisk class 10) is hardwired to the car and I usually get this freeze & "ding dings" everytime, the car is switched off & re-started in short duration..

i.e Turn off ignition....Mini 0804 powers down in 10 seconds or so
Turn ignition on again in 30 seconds, Mini 0803 splash screen freeze & starts beeping.
Reset/button press does nothing...and after maybe a minute of button mashing, it turns off.
(Also appears to get very warm)

Got it! The same situation I have every third (or so) startup!
I see here nobody can tell how to reboot device without waiting while the battery discharged.
Maybe matter sector size specified while formatting the memory card?

Got it! The same situation I have every third (or so) startup!
I see here nobody can tell how to reboot device without waiting while the battery discharged.
Maybe matter sector size specified while formatting the memory card?
I think someone wrote holding down 10sec power on / off button.

This does not helps! No any reaction for any duration/combinations of button clicks.

Holding down for 10 sec (or more) worked for me. It froze on me yesterday but only because I messed up starting the car and the cam was not provided with constant power during boot up which made it lock up.

holding down 10sec power on / off button.
This does not appear to work or not 10 seconds, when the device is frozen in this way. I have to wait for > 1 minute.

It is more 15s than 10s.
Push the button until the 0803 stops.
But don't release the button during these 15s !

I has worked for me each time my 0803 has frozen at start.

I got the same buzzing and lockup with the 803 (GPS, 8GB internal plus a 32GB SD card) on several occasions when I powered on. I had to let the battery discharge to get out of the condition (I never tried removing the card and holding the power button for 15 seconds). I was about ready to return the 803 when I discovered this forum.
I was using a SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s SDSDQU-032G-AFFP-A from Amazon. The card tested successfully with H2testw.
I replaced the SanDisk with a Samsung 32GB Plus microSDHC Ultra High Speed Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MPBGC/AM), also from Amazon. So far, I haven't had the buzzing and lockup. Time will tell.

This has been 1 week I didn't have any starting bug with my 0803 using Sandisk 64GB FAT32 card, with about 10-15 driving sessions each day.

Today, I've started the car, driven 10 minutes then stops the car, it was OK.
I've restarted the car 5 minutes later, 0803 starting bug !
I've let the motor of the car running, pushed the power button for 15s, 0803 has shut down.
Pushing once the power button, starting bug again !!!
Pushed the power button for 15s, 0803 has shut down.
Pushing once power button, 0803 started successfully.

So, it is a random bug. You can be lucky, or not !
Like russian roulette !!!! :D

If it is random bug, it takes even more time to find the root case.

Developer has any way to trace-log the starting process ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
David Pincus Mini 0803 193
Back