Bug report thread

One thing I was able to achieve that ability to reboot the device after its lockup. I simply re-flashed the same firmware (20140510V1) and now holding down is about 15s my dvr shuts down. Great! I don't know why so, but it works!

If it is random bug, it takes even more time to find the root case.

you need to replicate a problem to be able to troubleshoot it properly

In testing, did they tried powering on the device with inconsistent power distribution? Let's say you power on but then power fluctuates while still in boot up.

The battery doesn't hold a charge on mine for more than 30-60 seconds.

Yes, and the memory card is not to blame.

But the only difference between a camera that locks up and a camera that doesn't is likely to be differences with the internal memory card, external memory card, camera mount (GPS/NonGPS). I would expect all other components to be identical between camera's.

Sounds like you have other issues if the battery holds no charge

Surprisingly enough that's the only real issue I have with the camera and again it might not be related to the camera battery itself since I haven't tested charging the battery any other way. Both times it locked up where in similar situations (inconsistent power distribution during boot up) and that's it, everything else works properly.

My 0803 locked today (for the first time).

I had just parked the car, ignition off, and the 0803 had shut down.
Then, about 30 seconds later, I restarted the engine, which caused the camera to buzz and freeze.
Held the power button for 25 seconds (I counted) and it shut down.
Then I turned off car engine.

Next time I restarted the car (about an hour later), the camera booted fine.
Mine is GPS with both internal (8gb) and external (32gb) memory.

I've stopped and started loads of time since I got it last weekend.
The only thing I've done different this time was to restart the engine less than a minute after it had shut down.
Suspect its a random bug that might be hard to track down.

Don't mean to intrude here, but after viewing the videos, I noticed the writing on the Dash Cam states 1080 NOT 1296. Is there any possibility that this is possibly a counterfeit? Some manufactures have said that the first batch of the (0803) initially were imprinted with 1080P; even though the camera was spec'd out for (1296). We tried researching this matter and received 'no' responses, but one. It is unknown if any FW updates have been modified from the alleged "first batch". Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

the logo is just printed, some are with logo, some without, some say 1296p, some 1080p, up to the wholesale buyer as to what, if anything, is printed on the casing

there are two different chipsets currently for this model, one is 1080p (A7LA30) and the other (A7LA50) supports 1080p and 1296p, both are genuine product

the logo is just printed, some are with logo, some without, some say 1296p, some 1080p, up to the wholesale buyer as to what, if anything, is printed on the casing

there are two different chipsets currently for this model, one is 1080p (A7LA30) and the other (A7LA50) supports 1080p and 1296p, both are genuine product

Hello. Is there a possibility that the LA30 is incorporated in the (1296) with 1080P on the casing? Only one would need to open the casing to find out.

p.s.- Do you consider the logo as being (1080P) OR A NAME?

Hello. Is there a possibility that the LA30 is incorporated in the (1296) with 180 on the casing? .

not sure what you mean

there are not many A7LA30 versions as most don't order this model, the cost difference is minimal, without opening them up you can tell which it is by supported functionality, A7LA50 version has LDWS and 1296p options in the menu, technically you could apply the A7LA30 firmware version and remove this, no seller would try and make it look like a cheaper model though so while it's possible to do there is no point

not sure what you mean

there are not many A7LA30 versions as most don't order this model, the cost difference is minimal, without opening them up you can tell which it is by supported functionality, A7LA50 version has LDWS and 1296p options in the menu, technically you could apply the A7LA30 firmware version and remove this, no seller would try and make it look like a cheaper model though so while it's possible to do there is no point

Yes, you present a valid argument. What of the logo, do you consider a name, or the grade? We would only believe that jobbers would gobble up all the LA30's that they could amass, in our opinion. We know of this first hand in similar situations.

the logo means nothing, the A7LA30 version is not common, at this point in time there's only one main customer that does that version and you will not find their version for sale by any of these resellers as it is done under their own brand

I understand your thinking that sellers may try and buy the cheaper version and make it appear to be the higher spec model by labelling it the same or whatever but these small sellers don't sell in large enough volumes to be able to do their own order of this product for that purpose

the logo means nothing, the A7LA30 version is not common, at this point in time there's only one main customer that does that version and you will not find their version for sale by any of these resellers as it is done under their own brand

I understand your thinking that sellers may try and buy the cheaper version and make it appear to be the higher spec model by labelling it the same or whatever but these small sellers don't sell in large enough volumes to be able to do their own order of this product for that purpose

You said it, your words. I can't elaborate further for I wish not to infuriate any.
You're absolutely correct in the first paragraph, couldn't agree more.

I don't think you're going to infuriate anyone, any person that visits this forum would be upset if goods were passed off as something they're not and would not accept it all, the problem you're concerned about is actually more rampant in generic products like that Vinsloo labeled product you mentioned the other day that was a HP lookalike, sellers buy these popular looking housings and put very cheap internals in them and then try and pass them off as something much better than they are, they back it up with some video samples, sometimes from the cameras in question, often times not, you generally get some hint of a warning on products like that when there's very little info to be found about them, the website with no contact details, no address etc, stuff like that is the giveaway that all is not as it seems

I don't think you're going to infuriate anyone, any person that visits this forum would be upset if goods were passed off as something they're not and would not accept it all, the problem you're concerned about is actually more rampant in generic products like that Vinsloo labeled product you mentioned the other day that was a HP lookalike, sellers buy these popular looking housings and put very cheap internals in them and then try and pass them off as something much better than they are, they back it up with some video samples, sometimes from the cameras in question, often times not, you generally get some hint of a warning on products like that when there's very little info to be found about them, the website with no contact details, no address etc, stuff like that is the giveaway that all is not as it seems

Don't mean to be rude, or sarcastic, but we are very much aware of the rungs on the ladder. So, are you saying that this scenario would only be viable for the unknown?

I have no idea of what knowledge you may or may not have, it doesn't matter though, this is an open forum and the information posted is not directed at yourself persay but rather available for all so regardless of how much, or how little any person might know the information is available for all, if it helps them avoid a bad purchase, or think through their purchasing criteria armed with a bit of information then it's worthwhile

I have no idea of what knowledge you may or may not have, it doesn't matter though, this is an open forum and the information posted is not directed at yourself persay but rather available for all so regardless of how much, or how little any person might know the information is available for all, if it helps them avoid a bad purchase, or think through their purchasing criteria armed with a bit of information then it's worthwhile

We're sure your 'armed'.

0803 freeze here too.
Am able to reboot after holding PW-button pressed for 15+ seconds.

Also experiencing missing segments in recordings.
Using 32GB Kingston (SDC4/32GB-AMZ / SDC4/32GB Micro SDHC Class 4) formatted in-cam
(Cam and SD-card both bought through amazon uk. Links to the exact products: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00JJI40KU / https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00D9OQ1JS)

Also, G-sensors spike for no reason, locking files - filling up card in the end.
(Using Registrator Viewer for handling/viewing files)
Will try/test turning of G-sensors completely.

All on initial FW OOTB, and with
20140620GPS + 1CARDVersion 1.2

Recording in 1080p. Will try to back down to 720p.
Segments 1 minute. (tried 3 minutes - no difference)

Will try
20140812GPS + 1CARDVideo rotation, GPS speed stamp

...and see what happens.
(Descriptions and FW lifted/downloaded from http://dc.p-mc.eu/0803/firmware)

0803 freeze here too.
Am able to reboot after holding PW-button pressed for 15+ seconds.

Also experiencing missing segments in recordings.
Using 32GB Kingston (SDC4/32GB-AMZ / SDC4/32GB Micro SDHC Class 4) formatted in-cam
(Cam and SD-card both bought through amazon uk. Links to the exact products: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00JJI40KU / https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00D9OQ1JS)

Also, G-sensors spike for no reason, locking files - filling up card in the end.
(Using Registrator Viewer for handling/viewing files)
Will try/test turning of G-sensors completely.

All on initial FW OOTB, and with
20140620GPS + 1CARDVersion 1.2

Recording in 1080p. Will try to back down to 720p.
Segments 1 minute. (tried 3 minutes - no difference)

Will try
20140812GPS + 1CARDVideo rotation, GPS speed stamp

...and see what happens.
(Descriptions and FW lifted/downloaded from http://dc.p-mc.eu/0803/firmware)

Thank you very much for the information. We believe that there may be a 'bug' in using Registrator Viewer.

Just noticed that you are using a class 4 SDHC. We believe that class 6 is minimum.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
David Pincus Mini 0803 193
Back