G90-7S (A7LA70 chipset + GPS) vs. Mini 0803 (A7LA50 chipset + GPS)

A battery change it's an easy fix (there are many devices having batteries like that:tablets, apple devices, some smartphones, etc.).
As the sensor is separated from the main PCB, you could have built a more stealth dashcam ...or even a FHD backup car camera, etc.
We can't just throw away our devices only for minor problems, especially when not knowing for sure that our garbage (and so, our responsibility) it's properly disposed:
With more than 25 years of working in the environmental industry behind me I couldn't agree with you more about being careful about what you do with end-of-life electrical items. Rest assured my G90 was taken for recycling in line with the European WEEE regulations.;)
Personally I'm more than happy to replace the battery in my Mobius with a new one, or a capacitor, because it's been designed to be replaceable (simple plug in connection) from the outset.
However, when it comes to a battery soldered to a circuit board, as was the case here, I simply don't have the knowledge, tools or patience to undertake such a task, let alone track down a suitable/upgraded replacement LiPo battery, sorry!:(

...when it comes to a battery soldered to a circuit board, as was the case here, I simply don't have the knowledge, tools or patience to undertake such a task, let alone track down a suitable/upgraded replacement LiPo battery, sorry!:(

You're one of the majority that dispose of their dashcam when the LiPo fails. The manufacturers want this to happen, so that you buy their new & improved model, otherwise they would make the batteries easily accessible & replaceable. Welcome back, by the way.

Back