G90-7S (A7LA70 chipset + GPS) vs. Mini 0803 (A7LA50 chipset + GPS)

My G90C landed today with the new lens holder and so far so good!

The pics are razor sharp and no focus drift after a long drive. The night time footage is sharp but doesn't capture the details of a proper WDR sensor above the headlight line.
Looks great. What FW/IQ are you using?

This was vanilla firmware on the standard 2560x1080p.

I need to extract the firmware as it is a newer one than we've seen yet :)

I had to dig out the YT link then as I couldn't remember the exact version - it's r604MP:

Sound works too on that - that's completely thrown me as when I used to upload the clips from my first G90 there was never sound on YT!

You can hear it's a bit rattly at the start - not sure if that's the G90 or just a cable ratting (my windscreen is crackers at the mo!!)

Why does it show 0.0km ? (the GPS wasn't connected ?)

Yeah exactly - I left that in the house for now :)

I'm planning to buy a dash cam to replace my old papago p0, but I'm still not sure to buy A7LA50 or A7LA70.
it seems A7LA70 doesn't provide more than the paying more money.

Amazing video quality and a very good review... Excitement is building up and the agony in waiting for my very first dashcam G90 7s to arrive is driving me nuts, 24 days and counting... Reading informative post from dashcam gurus is a reprieve

Last edited:
@reverend , are those still photos taken directly by the G90 while the car is moving? Or captured from a video clip?
I'm pretty sure most of us don't operate dashcam while driving so those must be screenshots from video clips.

Yeah like Sunny says they were all saved from the actual video using Registrator Viewer.

Quite a few of those shots were while the car was stopped or moving very slowly tbh as from the looks of it they were in traffic - you can see more motion smear in the ones that were taken while driving but I've got to admit they do look good!

My G90C failed with a white screen after a few days of use, I'll have to try a newer firmware on it at some point to see if it fixes that problem otherwise it's going in the bin unfortunately!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah maybe a faulty component - not sure if @Fandy gets around here any more to answer that one?

Yeah maybe a faulty component
or a bad soldering: when the cheap becomes cheaper :oops:.
Before throwing it to bin, if you don't have any other option, try reflowing some components.

Well, "That's all folks!!"

Earlier this week my G90-7S stopped working.... Looks like the LiPo battery packed in during the UK heat. It's gone to WEEE recycling heaven today.:(

Looks like I now have an excuse to go for a Street Guardian SG96665GC...:)

I was just looking at your profile past week to see where you were mate - hope all is well!

I was just looking at your profile past week to see where you were mate - hope all is well!
I'll PM you - all OK now though, thanks!

Last edited:
Great to have you back @Hilts ! I really missed your posts. Wish you all the best!

Looks like the LiPo battery packed in during the UK heat. It's gone to WEEE recycling heaven today
A battery change it's an easy fix (there are many devices having batteries like that:tablets, apple devices, some smartphones, etc.).
As the sensor is separated from the main PCB, you could have built a more stealth dashcam ...or even a FHD backup car camera, etc.
We can't just throw away our devices only for minor problems, especially when not knowing for sure that our garbage (and so, our responsibility) it's properly disposed:

Welcome back @Hilts, good to see you posting again and glad to hear all is well.

Back