G5WA Dual Lens Dash Camera 1080P with Both 170 Wide Angle

@Bubbah is that an old review posted on your site for the G5WA?
Sorry for the late answer jokiin, that review was posted on August 12, 2015. That made me realize that the date was missing from my template, fixed now.
Thanks

I see that this is available from Amazon.com as a Blueskysea G5WA with GPS for $115 (£75), sold by BAIKLOV and shipped direct from China.

I note that the GPS connects to the rear camera! Obviously not enough room for all the sockets on the main body.

I've tried to have a look at the rear camera mount but can not make it out clearly, but can anyone tell me how the rear camera actually mounts to the bracket it comes with? Could it be replaced with a stick-on GPS mount a-la GS8000, do you think?

Last edited:
I see that this is available from Amazon.com as a Blueskysea G5WA with GPS for $115 (£75), sold by BAIKLOV and shipped direct from China.

I note that the GPS connects to the rear camera! Obviously not enough room for all the sockets on the main body.

I've tried to have a look at the rear camera mount but can not make it out clearly, but can anyone tell me how the rear camera actually mounts to the bracket it comes with? Could it be replaced with a stick-on GPS mount a-la GS8000, do you think?

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ony-imx322-sensor-dashcam-gearbest-com.12364/

g5wa-rear-cam-mount-png.14530

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any firmware updates ever come out for the G5WA as if not I'd steer clear personally.

It was unstable and had really bad focus issues in the UK summer and go for something like the CF100 if it's still available on Amazon UK for the £70 quid mark.

Anybody know where I can get DOME G5WA Dual Lens Support Polarizer Filter PRO?

Hi,

I found a few issues with the camera.
First issue: I configured the recording length to 5 minutes. When the card is full then camera deletes oldest files and writes a new. It's OK, working fine. However, when the card is full and event has happened (either G-sensor event or I press the button to lock the record) the camera records the file AND stops recording and then turns off. It's annoying as I have to remember to keep the card clean and format the card every second day.
Second issue: there is no UTC+13 time zone :( and it's not possible to set the time manually as it's been overridden by GPS time.

Any chance that there is an updated firmware somewhere? Does anyone know how to contact manufacturer about this question?

My current firmware is G5WA-ZX-AMC-2561-S-L. I don't know what is the date of this release.

Blue light was successfully covered under the black electrical tape.
I have one more issue: speakers are very low even if it is set to the maximum. I can't hear any warnings. I think this is a hardware issue, so trying to find someone to have a look at it.

Hi,

I found a few issues with the camera.
First issue: I configured the recording length to 5 minutes. When the card is full then camera deletes oldest files and writes a new. It's OK, working fine. However, when the card is full and event has happened (either G-sensor event or I press the button to lock the record) the camera records the file AND stops recording and then turns off. It's annoying as I have to remember to keep the card clean and format the card every second day.
Second issue: there is no UTC+13 time zone :( and it's not possible to set the time manually as it's been overridden by GPS time.

Any chance that there is an updated firmware somewhere? Does anyone know how to contact manufacturer about this question?

My current firmware is G5WA-ZX-AMC-2561-S-L. I don't know what is the date of this release.

Blue light was successfully covered under the black electrical tape.
I have one more issue: speakers are very low even if it is set to the maximum. I can't hear any warnings. I think this is a hardware issue, so trying to find someone to have a look at it.
I'll ask my contact @ Dome if he has a more recent firmware version.

Thank you for that. It would be great.
In case if the firmware is no longer supporter and they can send me the sources - I am happy to fix these bugs by myself :)
I like this camera, it's not so expensive and has a good quality, so I can spend some time to make it better :)

Thank you for that. It would be great.
In case if the firmware is no longer supporter and they can send me the sources - I am happy to fix these bugs by myself :)
I like this camera, it's not so expensive and has a good quality, so I can spend some time to make it better :)
Here is what Dome sent me. By the version number it appears older than yours, but it's only a few months old, so maybe it is newer. Not sure if it will help you or not. Good luck.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bf0iowpgt...a7la70_gps_ZhongXing_ard17_V0D_v2531.rar?dl=0

Thank you for your help. It was quick :)
I got my camera a month ago, so I don't know what is the release date of the firmware. Theoretically it can be newer.
Do you know how to save my current firmware in case if something goes wrong or my firmware actually is newer?

Thank you for your help. It was quick :)
I got my camera a month ago, so I don't know what is the release date of the firmware. Theoretically it can be newer.
Do you know how to save my current firmware in case if something goes wrong or my firmware actually is newer?
Hey, did this upgrade/downgrade 2561 to 2531 helps for your problems?

Dome is going to sell the G5WA Dual Lens Dash Camera, which is in still development and nearing completion as the mini series new product do. 1080P with 170 Wide Angle(for both Front and Rear lens). Now let's get to know some features from their official web.
As the date of complete production is still unknown, we are opening this to pre-orders for this moment.

Description:
G5WA Dual 1080P Cameras with Both 170 Wide Angle

Features:

1. 360-degree collision warning system,no dead shoot.
2. Dual 1080P Car DVR: Front 1080P,Rear 1080P. High resolution camera can meet in a variety of occasions for high resolution video and photo.Dual Lens Dash Camera With 360 Anticollision
3. Both 170 Wide Angle :Both 170 wide angle,ultra-wide-angle lens.
4. More cool features support :
FMWS: Front Moving Warning System support
SCWS: Side Collision Warning System support
HMWS: Headway Monitoring Warning System support
ADAS: Advanced Driver Assitance Systems support
LDWS: Lane Departure Warning System support
5. support 64G memory cards
6. support loop recording,G-sensor,motion detection,GPS
7. 3.0 inch screen.

What do you guys think about this dashcam?

The good news is that we will get about 3 Dome G5WA dashcam in about a week later, and would like to send it out for testing. So the question is what you think about this camera? Who do you recommend to test the dashcam?
Hi,first,thank s for you share this kind of dashcam to us.second i would like to ask which cpu and sensor dose it apply?

Back