F750 & iPhone app

Big__G

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone experienced issues with the F750 and the iPhone app? I've logged this with Thinkware support so many times & they just keep ignoring it then closing the case.
I've had my F750 for over a year now and the app has never worked properly, it opens up and connects to the wireless on the camera just fine, it'll show live view, allow changes to be made but as soon as you go to view any recorded footage it crashes back to the phone home screen.
It's done this on iPhone 6S Plus with iOS 9 then 10, i swapped to an iPhone 7 Plus last year with iOS 10 and it still does it.
My work phone is a Huawei P9 Lite & the Android version of the app works fine, but its not much use to me as my iPhone is primary phone and it has storage whereas work phone doesn't. Anyway it should work on the iPhone.
The F750 has had its firmware updated to the latest version, issue persisted on all previous versions back to when it was on 0.15.
Thinkware gave some crap story about it being a single connection device and if anything else has connected to it then that takes the slot and the app wont work on any other device. That theory is debunked since it works on my Huawei.

I sometimes get the odd call about this issue (perhaps one a month on average) and it's a tricky one to solve. Sometimes not enough free memory on the iphone causes it (the app seems to like about 1gb free at least) others i have no idea as i make a couple of suggestions and you never hear back if it worked or not.

At the moment something is going on as i'm getting this a bit more than normal, so is TMTI (Talk Me Through It) who are Thinkwares official support channel in the UK. Thinkware are itching to find a cure for this but they are unable to replicate the fault, i'm also unable to replicate the fault i have access to 2 iphones in the office and whenever i test cameras these always work fine! Could you message me your email address please and i will send you something that Thinkware want us to do. Basically need a UDID Reference number of your phone (found in itunes) thhen i give that to Thinkware and from what i understand they do something that allows you to download a 'debugging' version of their app. When the app crashes it should save some info that is transmitted to them via itunes (somehow, we haven't done one yet).

Back