Hard wiring SG9665GC for motion detection

rolipoli

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been covered previously in this forum but I would like clarification asap because I'm getting my SG hardwired in a couple of hours. I have sent Jokiin a message, but understandably I don't expect a speedy reply (he has answered my silly questions quickly in the past)

Originally, I just wanted my SG hardwired so it turned on when my car engine started. The guy installing the SG asked if I would like parking mode/motion detection enabled with a hardwiring kit. I was doing a search on the forum and it seems that "motion detection" on the SG9665GC isn't that great and it's tough on a car battery?

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks so much in advance!!

yeah its not buffered and not perfect as yet and probably wont be either for most situations. not good ot ahve it recording 24/7 either. hardwire to ignition or get a timer like i have and make it run for X amount of time after the ignition is turned off.

GC isn't suited for full time 24/7 parking mode.

If you want to occasionally Record longer on-demand while parked I would use a Vico power plus

Thanks for the replies

What about if I say just wanted the dashcam to run for maybe 1 hour after ignition has been switched off? Would something like a BlackVue Power Magic Pro do the job?

EDIT: Nevermind, I dont think my installer has access to the Vico powerplus which I believe has a timer? I shall just pass for now.. and upgrade dashcam in the future as I see fit as SG release newer and better products :).

Last edited:
Back