Faulty Cam, SD Card or User Error?

Swinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Purchased my SG9665GC V3 just over a week ago through Amazon.

Initially all was fine but over the last 3-4 days it keeps coming up prompting to erase all data. If I confirm it will start recording once done, if I opt to leave the data intact it won't record and won't even go into the menu.

I have done a full format using the SD Card Formatter tool mention in other threads, initially it worked and everything was fine. After a day or so it started to play up again.

Is there an option I have stupidly enabled or do I need to power down the unit in a certain way before switching off the engine to prevent corruption?

Unit is powered via 12v port if that is relevant.

Have you tried another memory card ?
Have you tried to reset the camera using small button on the side ??
And maybe reset to default settings in the menu.

What ever it is the guys will be in here shortly and you will be good to go soon.

I would try.
Start car.
1: with camera on press little reset button, as i recall its on the same side as memory card slot, you need a pen tip or something as it is a small button a mm or two.
2: start camera on power button, enter menu, reset to default.
3: start camera again if it dosent do so itself ( might have to stop recording to get into menu ) Format memory card in the camera with the setting in menu.
4: set your time zone

The camera should come on when you start your car, and it should stop when you stop the car, nothing special should be needed.

Hi all.

Purchased my SG9665GC V3 just over a week ago through Amazon.

Initially all was fine but over the last 3-4 days it keeps coming up prompting to erase all data. If I confirm it will start recording once done, if I opt to leave the data intact it won't record and won't even go into the menu.

I have done a full format using the SD Card Formatter tool mention in other threads, initially it worked and everything was fine. After a day or so it started to play up again.

Is there an option I have stupidly enabled or do I need to power down the unit in a certain way before switching off the engine to prevent corruption?

Unit is powered via 12v port if that is relevant.

- What size memory card?
- Do you playback videos on PC or Mac?
- After you did full format via SD card formatter did you format card inside dashcam as well?

What brand memory card? is it definitely a genuine one?

Thanks for the speedy replies guys, it is appreciated!

Card is a Toshiba Exceria 32GB and was the one bundled with the dashcam.
All playback is done on PC (Win7).

Admittedly I didn't do a format once the card was back in the dashcam so I will give that a try first thing in the morning. If that fails I will go ahead and do a hard reset and see what happens.

I have a second card on the way from Amazon, should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks again for the support, will keep this thread updated as I go on.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys, it is appreciated!

Card is a Toshiba Exceria 32GB and was the one bundled with the dashcam.
All playback is done on PC (Win7).

Admittedly I didn't do a format once the card was back in the dashcam so I will give that a try first thing in the morning. If that fails I will go ahead and do a hard reset and see what happens.

I have a second card on the way from Amazon, should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks again for the support, will keep this thread updated as I go on.

If there are any further assistance needed you can PM me here or via amazon.

I have been running a 2016 Toshiba exceria U3 - 128 Gb card in my GC, and it have been smooth sailing for me.

So in general i think that card should be fine, but i have experienced dud cards from just about any brand, and some have even passed H2testw tests, but just will not work in cameras.

PS. when i grab footage from my camera memory cards i always copy the files off the card, i think some have reported that moving files off memory card have caused some problems, but not sure if this related to the SG cameras.

It is however a good idea to do a in camera format of the memory card once in a while.

Just a bit of an update so far.

After ordering a 2nd card from Amazon I ended up sending it back as faulty and had to wait for a replacement. The replacement now appears to be working fine in the dashcam so it looks as though the bundled one is in fact faulty.

I will test the new card for a couple more days to be sure but fingers crossed all is well.

Just a bit of an update so far.

After ordering a 2nd card from Amazon I ended up sending it back as faulty and had to wait for a replacement. The replacement now appears to be working fine in the dashcam so it looks as though the bundled one is in fact faulty.

I will test the new card for a couple more days to be sure but fingers crossed all is well.

Send me PM with your order number and I will deal with faulty memory card.

Back