Firmware 119PRO

gse

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Viofo 119V3
Firmware 119PRO v.1.0 22-03-18 (2560 * 1440) and 119S F1.8 V2.4
Not enough sharpness, the color scheme is too faded.
119PRO.jpg
119S.jpg
119PRO-1.jpg
119S-1.jpg
119PROгнз.jpg
119S гнз.jpg

Last edited:
Firmware 119PRO v.1.0 22-03-18 (2560 * 1440) and 119S F1.8 V2.4
Not enough sharpness, the color scheme is too faded.
Can you share the original frames from each camera to help compare sharpness? The A119 Pro frames appear to be resized from 1440 to 1080.

To my eyes, the A119S has more sharpening halos. Perhaps the Pro just needs a bit more contrast and saturation rather than extra sharpening?

Can you share the original frames from each camera to help compare sharpness?
Yes I can.
A little wait, I upload to the file sharing.
To my eyes, the A119S has more sharpening halos. Perhaps the Pro just needs a bit more contrast and saturation rather than extra sharpen
Video in the player looks better than the photo, may not have enough PC monitor resolution

Perhaps the Pro just needs a bit more contrast and saturation rather than extra sharpening?

The stock firmware V1.0 needs some heavy tweaking and fine-tuning. I was testing yesterday and at dusk the camera overexposed some parts of the sky.
The camera also continuously kept adjusting the exposure (WDR ON) up and down. These 'exposure steps' were very noticable and annoying.

The camera has a lot of potential though and I am sure VIOFO will sort it out eventually!

Good luck and cheers!

Video in the player looks better than the photo, may not have enough PC monitor resolution
Perhaps you can use a different video player that can export the source 1440p frame, rather than the frame as displayed on your 1080p screen?

Perhaps you can use a different video player that can export the source 1440p frame, rather than the frame as displayed on your 1080p screen?
Which player does this?

My personal choice of media player is PotPlayer which can save a frame at either the current window resolution, or at the original source resolution. However I believe that MPC-BE can do that too.

Use alt+i in MPC-BE and you will save the perfect original frame, no matter your monitor.
Snapshots should be taken only in this way and should be saved as PNG. Sometimes the PNG have too big size but if you want a professional comparison you should use only PNG.

enjoy,
Mtz

Use alt+i in MPC-BE and you will save the perfect original frame, no matter your monitor.
Strange, with the other DVR and 119S, preserves the original.

It is necessary to correct the Viofo 119 Pro stamp, place it in the center.

Last edited:
Is the A119 Pro a better buy then the A119S at this point in time or should one wait for some reason?

For night conditions A119S should be better because it have a Starvis CMOS. For day A119 Pro should be better because of 2K resolution.

enjoy,
Mtz

will the A129 be better then the A119S V2 ? thanks

Perhaps the Pro just needs a bit more contrast and saturation rather than extra sharpening?

The stock firmware V1.0 needs some heavy tweaking and fine-tuning. I was testing yesterday and at dusk the camera overexposed some parts of the sky.
The camera also continuously kept adjusting the exposure (WDR ON) up and down. These 'exposure steps' were very noticable and annoying.

The camera has a lot of potential though and I am sure VIOFO will sort it out eventually!

Good luck and cheers!

I can echo this comment about the exposure steps. I had that happening today with WDR off. I haven’t tested my A119 or A119s yet, but I take it they don’t have this same issue?

I can echo this comment about the exposure steps. I had that happening today with WDR off. I haven’t tested my A119 or A119s yet, but I take it they don’t have this same issue?

Indeed, I can confirm the A119S does not have this issue. I sure hope there will be an update soon, as it is becoming more and more annoying.

Back