Vantrue N4 Pro

Then your girlfriend is online but do not answers to you... that's wrong!? Loose of interest, you are not in priority :cry:
It's been for over a month now with multiple people on these forums. And he hasn't answered emails either :/

It's very unfortunate. I really like the front unit. The front and interior quality is good but sadly not the rear one.
I was watching a YouTube review today that was posted a day or two again and his rear camera looked fine. Makes me wonder if we got production batch but early units of the RC-05 were stuffed.

Do you happen to know what the model of rear camera is for the S1 Pro?
For the N4 Pro it is RC-04.
The E3 has the RC-05.
Possibly it's the RC-04 based on physical appearance. There are no markings on the camera that I can see that provide a specific model number. There's not even a "Vantrue" name imprinted on it as is the case with the N4 Pro pictures - https://www.vantrue.net/product/n4pro.

Maybe a new rear camera for the S1-Pro?... but that doesn't make a lot of sense given it's a 1080P camera and Vantrue already has one in their product line. :unsure:

rearcam.JPG

Update: This piqued my interest so I dug a bit deeper and just maybe this is a new rear camera. In your pics early in this thread the camera is clearly labeled as Model RC-04. In the same location on my S1-Pro rear camera is printed "2M COMS SENSOR" which leads me to think it may be a higher resolution sensor that's limited to 1080 by the firmware (pure speculation on my part).

rearcam2-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Just putting this here since this thread is where Google puts ya if you are searching for the N4 Pro’s rear camera sensor information:

This weekend, I received a new rear camera as a replacement for the RC-04 with focus issues for the N4 Pro. I will post some screenshots and videos soon.
Interestingly, the packaging says that the camera is for the N4 Pro and the S1 Pro.
The RC-04 label is not printed anymore.

WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-04 um 12.01.24_3a07d28c.jpgWhatsApp Bild 2024-03-04 um 12.01.24_4cadf647.jpg

WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-04 um 12.01.24_8d54703b.jpgWhatsApp Bild 2024-03-04 um 12.01.24_d1d482a2.jpg

Curious about the improvement(s) if there is any. Had a replacement rear unit from my beta device and saw minimal gains.

This weekend, I received a new rear camera as a replacement for the RC-04 with focus issues for the N4 Pro. I will post some screenshots and videos soon.
Interestingly, the packaging says that the camera is for the N4 Pro and the S1 Pro.
The RC-04 label is not printed anymore.
The rear cameras of the N4 Pro and S1 Pro were the same. With the release of the S1 Pro,
the S1 Pro's rear cameras already had the same branding as your new N4 Pro rear camera.

You can see it here in the photographs.

The rear cameras of the N4 Pro and S1 Pro were the same. With the release of the S1 Pro,
the S1 Pro's rear cameras already had the same branding as your new N4 Pro rear camera.

You can see it here in the photographs.
This.

I haven't had any focus issues with the S1 Pro rear unit I received and branding was the same

This.

I haven't had any focus issues with the S1 Pro rear unit I received and branding was the same
When did you have time to test the S1 Pro's rear camera in the heat?
I haven't installed the rear camera from my S1 Pro in my car yet. And it's still cold here. So when I will test it in the heat is not yet known.
But the rear camera from my N4 Pro had problems focusing due to the heat.

When did you have time to test the S1 Pro's rear camera in the heat?
I haven't installed the rear camera from my S1 Pro in my car yet. And it's still cold here. So when I will test it in the heat is not yet known.
But the rear camera from my N4 Pro had problems focusing due to the heat.
The other day it got quite warm again here in the Australian heat, from the limited testing I could see that it hasn't had the same issues that the N4 Pro had , will still need to do some more testing though

Still summer here for another month or so, but encouraging signs so far..

Back