A229 Pro Test & Review PP

Thanks to Dawid, and team this is the best RTC300 test footage I've seen yet;
@evad

Very nice. Did anyone else notice that the colour of the thumbs up emoji on these forums changed to yellow overnight haha

Did anyone else notice that the colour of the thumbs up emoji on these forums changed to yellow overnight haha
I noticed that it had changed, wasn't sure what was different though.
Yes, excellent video, took a bit of effort to make that!

Very nice. Did anyone else notice that the colour of the thumbs up emoji on these forums changed to yellow overnight haha

There have been other subtle changes as well, some of which most would not have noticed.

For privacy, security and performance reasons I have been in the practice of blocking remote web fonts when I browse the internet. While this never affects any text I read as your browser assigned system fonts are generally used instead of remote web fonts, other symbols and graphics that you might not recognize as fonts do get blocked. Instead, I'll see a little placeholder symbol where the remote font would otherwise be.

Suddenly these symbols have reappeared in my browser here on DCT even though I am still blocking remote fonts. I'm still exploring what is going on exactly but it does appear that some changes have occurred in how this site is coded.

Here are examples of remote web fonts seen on DCT. At least they used to be remote fonts.

web_fonts _b.jpg

webfont_a.jpg

Last edited:
It's 'only' up to 20% off in the UK

Most of the cameras are a lot cheaper on viofo.com than the Amazon UK store, and I think even with a 20% discount, viofo.com will still be cheaper!

There have been other subtle changes as well, some of which most would not have noticed.

For privacy, security and performance reasons I have been in the practice of blocking remote web fonts when I browse the internet. While this never affects any text I read as your browser assigned system fonts are generally used instead of remote web fonts, other symbols and graphics that you might not recognize as fonts do get blocked. Instead, I'll see a little placeholder symbol where the remote font would otherwise be.

Suddenly these symbols have reappeared in my browser here on DCT even though I am still blocking remote fonts. I'm still exploring what is going on exactly but it does appear that some changes have occurred in how this site is coded.

Here are examples of remote web fonts seen on DCT. At least they used to be remote fonts.

View attachment 73215

View attachment 73216

Forum was updated to a new version. That caused the changes being noticed.

Forum was updated to a new version. That caused the changes being noticed.

Yes, I could see that was the case, although the changes were subtle enough at first that it took a while before I noticed how many changes there were and that much of the site has undergone coding changes.

Last edited:
It's 'only' up to 20% off in the UK

What we are witnessing here is merely just another example of PP engaged in his usual quid pro quo promotional relationship with his most generous patrons and sponsors who send him thousands of dollars worth of free merchandise to review for his self described "money losing hobby". He has mostly done this with Viofo and BlackBoxMyCar but various others as well. He's got quite a thing going on here. Basically, if a manufacturer or retailer were to post promotions and links like this here on the forum they would be called out for spamming, so he does it for them in exchange for all the free goods.

RTC300 Telephoto Test Footage
HDR Off
CPL Filter On Both
Official firmware from Viofo Website

@viofo @VIOFO-Support
The front & “rear” files are out of sync by 9 seconds.
The “rear” file starts at 03:54:05PM
The front file starts 9 seconds later at 03:54:14PM
That’s really annoying, can you fix?
The camera “drive cycle” was started approximately 20 minutes before this was captured.
Let me know if you need the raw files, and I will place them in a Google Drive folder.
The camera was operating in 3-CH configuration.
The IR Interior camera started at 03:54:14PM (same as front).
I didn’t upload the IR Interior file because I wasn’t wearing my beard. lol

Attachments

• Firmware .png
    Firmware .png
    87.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Files .png
    Files .png
    63.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IR Interior .png
    IR Interior .png
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
Last edited: