0801 with A7 chip?

rigga

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had a Eprance 0801 for a while now, and generally happy with it, up until a week ago when I noticed it was having issues on start up. Wouldn't recognise the SD card fitted, occasionally it would and record OK, but eventually packed up completely, a new card was purchased but still the same. Tried cleaning the slot as beat as I could, but decided a new cam was needed. As I said I liked the simplicity of the 0801, so thought I'd get another just to fit to my existing mount if for nothing else its less hassle, and whilst searching I cam across another camera, billed as a 0801, but with the later A7 chipset., would this be a 0803 or even 0805 labeled wrong?
Anyway I purchased it so shall see when it arrives.

it's labelled wrong but which it is really is anyone's guess, I'm always hesitant to buy from a seller that doesn't know what they're selling

I'm not that clued up with all the ins and outs of these things, I purchased my original eprance from amazon on a whim, and it did as it was asked, albeit not for a great deal of time, approximately 15 months I believe, and now having done some light research it seems there are quality issues and not genuine articles floating about. Prices seem all over the place, again I guess due to fake or genuine, but hit or miss as to either gets delivered regardless, but at the price I paid ill just have to take my chance this one works OK.

Ahhh this could get interesting then

perhaps at the quoted 600mah there is just a battery inside the case :D

it looks like that spec is a copy and paste from some other model altogether, doesn't come close to any of them, that could just be user error but generally I find on eBay if the seller isn't on top of things like this they often have service to match

Well I've woke up to a email from the seller basicly waffling on about possible custom delays and suggesting a quick and full refund, so possibly dodged a bullet on this one.
Very strange how its described, and then the immediate refund option.

Well cancelled the 0801 (or whatever it was ) and refunded, then purchased a 0805 from gearbest, let's hope it's a good one.

Back