0803 not recording properly

I was looking at some of my recorded videos with RegistratorViewer and noticed that camera missed recording for 5-20 seconds. Sometimes (i.e one in 20 files) when switching to a new file, the new file records with a gap from before..

RegistratorViewer shows these as grey blocks/gaps in the time line.

I also had a case of a corrupt/broken file with a whole journey missing, which I am trying to investigate...Maybe I will switch to using the internal memory unit as the recording media, the SD card/drive does not appear to me as reliable enough..

Original Sandisk class 10 card on a 2Card Eprance unit.

Last edited:
Motion Detect is off, LDWS is off, Recycle time is 1 min

Just check some old videos stored in the internal memory, these are fine & there are no gaps/corrupt files.

(also worth mentioning, one in a while, when using the SD Card, there is a whistle/beep from the camera and a message very quickly flashes "Low speed xxxx" xxx could be signal/card but it flashes too quick & also usually the screen is off to hard to read this while driving. The class 10 32GB sandisk is original & hwtest reports all ok, 10MBPS all around)

I reformatted the SD card again with SD formatter & will try again.

Guess I will have to now :-( I kind of anticipated such issues, so I selected a internal memory model, so that I dont have to depend on the SD card..

Any recommendations on which brand/size definitely works 100% ? (Even though the mini 0803 is claimed to be compatible with class 10s, maybe its not ? (like mini 0801 ?))
Class 6 Samsung 32GB ?

class 6 Samsung 32gb works fine for me. class 10 Samsung 16gb as well.

OK I have the results of my last test the. The camera worked flawlessly with the power cable plugged directly into the camera. It would appear I have to either send the cameras back or do the mount shim trick. As I still have some warranty left I and the shim trick is non destructive I will try it and let you know how we go.
What is surprising is the Camera in the Honda is permanently left attached to the mount, no need to take it out its very well hidden, unlike the the camera in the Jimny which is in and out at least twice a day, yet they both suffer this problem, wouldn't be so bad but I paid for the GPS mounts.

OK I have the results of my last test the. The camera worked flawlessly with the power cable plugged directly into the camera. It would appear I have to either send the cameras back or do the mount shim trick. As I still have some warranty left I and the shim trick is non destructive I will try it and let you know how we go.
What is surprising is the Camera in the Honda is permanently left attached to the mount, no need to take it out its very well hidden, unlike the the camera in the Jimny which is in and out at least twice a day, yet they both suffer this problem, wouldn't be so bad but I paid for the GPS mounts.
Good news... The GPS should still work, even if you've directly powered the Mini 0803 through the socket on the top.

My GPS mount was also very loose (the image used to wobble on bumpy roads - it was that bad:(). However, I have used the paper shim trick and now it works reliably & gives wobble free images!;)

Not sure how it will pan out in the long run though. The Mini 0803 mount system is definitely a weak point, as it was for Mini 0801 too!

Back