0806 keeps locking up

andyvee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My 0806 keeps locking up solid. It will be perfectly fine for days, then randomly will lock up and the screen stays on with a static image, and no files are recorded. It creates a load of log files on the card though, attached.

Before anyone asks, the cards are genuine Samsung and Sandisk 64Gb, and I have tried as FAT32 and exFAT. I have tried 4 different cards now, all of which test fine with h2testw and also work fine in my Mobius. All of the cards have been formatted to exFAT with the SD-3C formatter, or guiformat for FAT32.

Latest genuine firmware and the high bit rate firmware from on here do exactly the same. Settings at default.

It is about to be returned to car camera shop, but does anyone know what these log files indicate as the issue?

Attachments

• rehowareyougettingon.zip
    101.1 KB · Views: 9
They don't normally produce those log files, something serious has gone wrong, maybe problems talking between processor and sensor, time for a replacement.

Somebody else did ask about the log files but only one person as far as I remember.

Have you noticed if it gets hot when it goes wrong, or does it cool down?

Hi
My 0806 keeps locking up solid. It will be perfectly fine for days, then randomly will lock up and the screen stays on with a static image, and no files are recorded. It creates a load of log files on the card though, attached.
Before anyone asks, the cards are genuine Samsung and Sandisk 64Gb, and I have tried as FAT32 and exFAT. I have tried 4 different cards now, all of which test fine with h2testw and also work fine in my Mobius. All of the cards have been formatted to exFAT with the SD-3C formatter, or guiformat for FAT32.
Latest genuine firmware and the high bit rate firmware from on here do exactly the same. Settings at default.
It is about to be returned to car camera shop, but does anyone know what these log files indicate as the issue?
I have same issues too with 64GB Samsung card. I also have randomly partly made trip records - some trips are not recorder fully (at that times camera freezed).
Last recommendation from Rayman was to make card format from camera (with note: For the cards for dash camera, we recommend users the cards with MLC flash, which is better than the cards with TLC flash.)
Well, after that things was a bit better, but as card becomes close to full there are again interrupted records.

While using Samsung card, are you able to navigate throughout Settings without freezing?
My Mini freezes and gets hot after "G-sensor sensitivity" one way, or "LDWS Calibration" to other way.

They don't normally produce those log files, something serious has gone wrong, maybe problems talking between processor and sensor, time for a replacement.

Somebody else did ask about the log files but only one person as far as I remember.

Have you noticed if it gets hot when it goes wrong, or does it cool down?

Hi Nigel - can't say I noticed any difference in temp either way. Sometimes it locked up within a second of starting to record, other times after hours of recording.

I have same issues too with 64GB Samsung card. I also have randomly partly made trip records - some trips are not recorder fully (at that times camera freezed).
Last recommendation from Rayman was to make card format from camera (with note: For the cards for dash camera, we recommend users the cards with MLC flash, which is better than the cards with TLC flash.)
Well, after that things was a bit better, but as card becomes close to full there are again interrupted records.

While using Samsung card, are you able to navigate throughout Settings without freezing?
My Mini freezes and gets hot after "G-sensor sensitivity" one way, or "LDWS Calibration" to other way.

I haven't had any issues with menu navigation, and I have tried Samsung & Sandisk cards

It has been returned today to the seller for a refund as they don't have any more stock, and by the sounds of it, don't want any more stock due to the high return rate.

Anyone know a UK based seller with the v3 camera in stock?

Back