0806 vs 0803

vectra

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Quick question.
Has the freezing issue with the 0803 on startup/shutdown been resolved with this one?

Former old 0803 may exists some problems
but updated 0805 based on 0803 has improved
Mini 0806,so far,problems has not been reflected from customers yet even we have sold out first batch of mass production Mini 0806.

Yes,
I think mine may be one of the earlier ones.
I am thinking of upgrading. When will the 0806 be freely available?
Thanks

Yes,
I think mine may be one of the earlier ones.
I am thinking of upgrading. When will the 0806 be freely available?
Thanks

Hello @vectra
Mini 0806 video quality is clearer than Mini 0805,we have compared.
design has improved based on Mini 0805.
We actually have stocked out first batch Mini 0806
and Feb5th around we should be able to get the second batch of Mini 0806,qty in stock would be several hundreds.
You may refer to details here:
https://www.joovuu.com/gb/home/245-mini-0806.html

If you need like former 0803(Now we call 0805with updated higher sensor),I may recommend 8GB internal memory Mini 0805
FYI

Quick question.
Has the freezing issue with the 0803 on startup/shutdown been resolved with this one?
The continuous bleeping sound issue has been resolved - that has never happened on the 0806.

The issue with starting the engine a short while after turning on the power was there on the early prototypes but also appears to be resolved now.

Currently there is a start up issue with the Parking Guard - if you trigger the Parking Guard by closing the door with a thud and then turn the key to start the engine while it is recording then it can switch off again a few seconds later ignoring the fact that you are now driving and it should be recording. I'm sure that issue will get sorted soon though.

The image and audio is much better than on the 0803, both sharper and more detailed and also it doesn't loose detail in the darker areas of the image like the 0803 often does. My 0803 makes a good rear camera though.

The continuous bleeping sound issue has been resolved - that has never happened on the 0806.

The issue with starting the engine a short while after turning on the power was there on the early prototypes but also appears to be resolved now.

Currently there is a start up issue with the Parking Guard - if you trigger the Parking Guard by closing the door with a thud and then turn the key to start the engine while it is recording then it can switch off again a few seconds later ignoring the fact that you are now driving and it should be recording. I'm sure that issue will get sorted soon though.

The image and audio is much better than on the 0803, both sharper and more detailed and also it doesn't loose detail in the darker areas of the image like the 0803 often does. My 0803 makes a good rear camera though.
Parking guard is still in developing status, not ready,let us wait the final mass production parking guard.

I have a question :if the parking guard prototye that you have tested will be able to have the feature such as :when it enter into parking mode,
you can set it up to 1Fps ?so video gets slower and take less storage capacity and it avoids the parking videos to be overwritten by newer videos? Maybe for dual TF card storage, we could plug in 128GB TF card to neglect storage capacity problem, but I am thinking, a 128GB
TF card is even the same cost as DVR,how many people will really buy 2pcs 128GB TF card?

if not, 0806 's biterate is so high that the videos will gobble up a lot of space meanwhile we may need to park for a night

fortunately is the parking mode is only triggered when it detects movement?

Parking guard is still in developing status, not ready,let us wait the final mass production parking guard.

I have a question :if the parking guard prototye that you have tested will be able to have the feature such as :when it enter into parking mode,
you can set it up to 1Fps ?so video gets slower and take less storage capacity and it avoids the parking videos to be overwritten by newer videos? Maybe for dual TF card storage, we could plug in 128GB TF card to neglect storage capacity problem, but I am thinking, a 128GB
TF card is even the same cost as DVR,how many people will really buy 2pcs 128GB TF card?

if not, 0806 's biterate is so high that the videos will gobble up a lot of space meanwhile we may need to park for a night

fortunately is the parking mode is only triggered when it detects movement?
The Parking Guard I talked about in the post above is available now in the version you are selling. I do not have a prototype Parking Guard Mount. (You need the last firmware update before you can turn it on.)

I don't know what frame rate will be available with the parking guard mount, but a bit of maths suggests that you don't need a 128GB card for it to be useful. Currently with a 64GB card and with the camera set at the highest resolution and 30 fps I get more than 8 hours of video on the card, so at 3fps I should get 80 hours which is more than 3 days, also a lot of that is going to be at night in the dark so will use less space. 3 frames per second is enough to catch nearly everything in a car park where people should not be driving at 100kph. I think your 1 fps is a bit too slow but would presumably give you more than 9 days on a 64GB card or closer to 2 weeks given the darkness at night.

The parking guard changes to full frame rate recording if it detects a shock on the g-sensor so will not be triggered by traffic driving past - no need to worry about parking on a busy road filling the card up after just a few hours because of motion detection. I've not seen it triggered by the wind, it does get triggered by closing the car doors and apparently by seagulls:

4348032df54ee7de02c008dc9cb49e5c.jpg

The Parking Guard I talked about in the post above is available now in the version you are selling. I do not have a prototype Parking Guard Mount. (You need the last firmware update before you can turn it on.)

I don't know what frame rate will be available with the parking guard mount, but a bit of maths suggests that you don't need a 128GB card for it to be useful. Currently with a 64GB card and with the camera set at the highest resolution and 30 fps I get more than 8 hours of video on the card, so at 3fps I should get 80 hours which is more than 3 days, also a lot of that is going to be at night in the dark so will use less space. 3 frames per second is enough to catch nearly everything in a car park where people should not be driving at 100kph. I think your 1 fps is a bit too slow but would presumably give you more than 9 days on a 64GB card or closer to 2 weeks given the darkness at night.

The parking guard changes to full frame rate recording if it detects a shock on the g-sensor so will not be triggered by traffic driving past - no need to worry about parking on a busy road filling the card up after just a few hours because of motion detection. I've not seen it triggered by the wind, it does get triggered by closing the car doors and apparently by seagulls:

4348032df54ee7de02c008dc9cb49e5c.jpg

3minutes,the highest video resolution I recorded is at 420MB,then 64GB=1024X64(MB)
and 64GB means : 1024X64/420/3=52minutes

Usually a 32GB card at 1080P is 8 hours,so 64GB card should have 16hours.

1-5FPS setting for parking mode is the model Shadow GT680W

May you also give a picture of the parking guard bracket that you said,thanks for sharing

3minutes,the highest video resolution I recorded is at 420MB,then 64GB=1024X64(MB)
and 64GB means : 1024X64/420/3=52minutes

Usually a 32GB card at 1080P is 8 hours,so 64GB card should have 16hours.

1-5FPS setting for parking mode is the model Shadow GT680W

May you also give a picture of the parking guard bracket that you said,thanks for sharing
Your maths has an error,

"and 64GB means : 1024X64/420/3=52minutes"

should be:

"and 64GB means : 1024X64/420*3=468minutes (7.8 hours)"

As I said in the last post, I don't have a parking guard bracket and I have not seen one yet, but there is a diagram of it in the user manual V2 - it looks like the standard GPS bracket but with 12V power sockets and appears to have a hardwire kit built into the top...

Oh,I made a stupid mistake,yep,you are right.
So if mini0806 records with only a 32GB TF card,it can record for less than 4hours,a half less recording time than ordinary DVRs.

I personally think Streetstorm CVR7810G pro maybe more suitable if people use 64GB TF card and need.A7LA70 chipset with built in 512MB copy memory,360degree suction cup mount ,IR LED,GPS works faster.CPL,GPS optional.Camera size is discreet asMini0806.

PS:I saw your another thread said that it is
available

Manual is old version,a mistake.

So if mini0806 records with only a 32GB TF card,it can record for less than 4hours,a half less recording time than ordinary DVRs.
Maybe it has a half more detail in the images than ordinary DVRs? It has to store all that detail somewhere ;)

I actually get around 8.5 hours on my 64GB card in cinema mode 2560*1080px (21:9) 30fps, slightly more time than the mini 0803 but with a lot more detail.
I personally think Streetstorm CVR7810G pro maybe more suitable if people use 64GB TF card and need.A7LA70 chipset with built in 512MB copy memory,360degree suction cup mount ,IR LED,GPS works faster.CPL,GPS optional.Camera size is discreet asMini0806.
Any dashcam with IR LED is just a toy :D

Especially as they are just white LED's, not true Infra Red.
White LED is actually called fill light
IR LED is for night and when we use mobile phone screen towards the DVR's IR LED,we will notice the red light,it is not visible with IR LED,it improves video quality

IR LEDs reflects on the windows..... So unless they are placed out of the car, they have been proved to NOT improve DVR image quality !! White LEDs are even worse and should be avoided on any DASHcam.

IR LEDs reflects on the windows..... So unless they are placed out of the car, they have been proved to NOT improve DVR image quality !! White LEDs are even worse and should be avoided on any DASHcam.
agree

Back