0806 will only take photo when not on car battery power!

Most Wi-fi Dashcams do not have a screen. So the wi fi links to your phone and you use the phone app basically as your camera screen. more useful for changing dashcam settings than watching video. But also has the potential to download video from your cam to your phone and uplaod to the web

Not having a screen allows the manufacturer to also potentially build a smaller more discreet dashcam. However the new mini's are now coming with both screen and wi fi so will be interesting to see the new phone apps that come with them and what advantages if any they bring with them.
Thanks for the info, I don't suppose you know when the 0901 is being released I'm feeling a little naked with out my dashcam :eek:

Thanks for the info, I don't suppose you know when the 0901 is being released I'm feeling a little naked with out my dashcam :eek:
Will be at least 4 weeks away and possibly longer... Also will be a bigger cam than your old 0803 as the 0901 has a 2 inch screen.

Just curious how may company's making these 0806 I'm getting horribly confused and who is the best brand??

I've been checking out mini dashcams and I was wondering if anyone knows when the 0807 / 0901 / 0902 will be released.

I can't seem to work out why they are releasing all these models, so close together please correct me if I'm wrong, there doesn't seem to be that much difference so what happens with all the old models that they haven't had time to sell.

Last edited:
Just curious how may company's making these 0806 I'm getting horribly confused and who is the best brand??

I bought my 0806 for $120:
http://tinyurl.com/qa8wpck

I own both a 0803 (purchased: 2014-04) and 0806(purchased: 2015-07). Both have big problems, shuts off randomly, camera mount is really bad, my dosent work, glitchy. To connect to gps takes a very long time. It has a battery and not supercapacitor. I have replacement battery in the 0803 2 times.

I can only advise you not to buy those. Save yourself the problems and buy a better one. I purchased two Street Guardian SGZC12RC-V2.

What's the purpose of having a battery at all, the 0803 I have the battery won't hold any charge and it still records perfectly so far.

Am I correct in thinking the battery is only for setting up all the menus and taking snap shots/video when you remove it from the car.

If this is correct you don't have much time before the battery goes flat

I think it's been this way from new.
0806 will not take photo when on car battery power! So when driving I press and hold the OK button and nothing.
When I pull the power out leaving on it's own battery it snaps away no problems!

I though at first because I installed it so close to the review mirror I maybe was pushing the button at a strange angle but I've tested this a few times now and it's not taking snaps when on car power!

Any ideas?
Thanx
This is one of the features why I brought this cam.
But it seems another feature that doesn't work.
I wanted to be able to take a quick snapshot when appropriate to save me looking though files to find the incident. Handy to show a cop when someone driving on wrong side of road etc.
What I have found that works ...
While video is recording push center button. This save's the video, then you can long push on centre button and the photo will be taken. It takes a few seconds to do this and hopefully not to late for the shot wanted.
Another thing also is that if you have it on 180 rotation, the photographs will be upsidedown (-:

This is one of the features why I brought this cam.
But it seems another feature that doesn't work.
I wanted to be able to take a quick snapshot when appropriate to save me looking though files to find the incident. Handy to show a cop when someone driving on wrong side of road etc.
What I have found that works ...
While video is recording push center button. This save's the video, then you can long push on centre button and the photo will be taken. It takes a few seconds to do this and hopefully not to late for the shot wanted.
Another thing also is that if you have it on 180 rotation, the photographs will be upsidedown (-:
Someone a long while ago up the thread gave an answer to this photo talking issue.
I think if the 0806 is on the best quality settings it can't take a photo when the power is on from the car with video being recorded! So if you drop the video quality then you can take a photo by pressing the centre button! As I want best video quality then I just rely on taking snap-shot off of video which is usually good enough.
Talking a photo would be too slow in most cases anyway but it is annoying all the same the feature doesn't work.
I'll try what you say works, better than nothing if you're stopped in traffic.
It's very easy to flip any image if using Paint on windows at least. I know there's an option on the menu to flip that, does that fix he inverted photos?

will ask our engineer to check the take photo and upside down issue tomorrow

Back