0906 disassembly

Do you think using super glue is very bad idea or it could work?
I don't know what is good for IR filters, looks like the original glue was not up to the job, so maybe not that!

If someone else doesn't give a recommendation, do some reading/searching and get the right stuff for the job, it will get very warm in there so not suitable for any general purpose glue and definitely not super glue due to nasty emissions.

Before you order glue, see if you can push the filter back into place, you might end up breaking it because of the remaining glue and need a whole new IR filter. IR filters are fairly delicate, don't use your fingers.

Also, make sure you can free the focussing thread while you have it off the sensor.

For some reason last 3 correct videos are very short and don't have text overlay in them and it looks like there is quite a lot of content missing between those and broken video.
It is possible that something went wrong elsewhere causing the camera to overheat and melt the glue for the IR filter.
Might be worth running it for a bit disassembled to make sure everything else is now working properly. If you don't fit the lens then you won't get a good image, but you should get the text overlay and everything else working OK.

There is a special glue made for this, but it comes only in large amounts and is expensive. The UV curing glue has worked well for others doing these jobs- it's cheap and readily available. Just use a tiny amount applied with a toothpick or similar in 4 spots. No other glues I know of are suitable. They either will not adhere or they produce off-gassing when they cure and those fumes will go onto the glass and plastic sticking permanently and ruining them.

Perhaps @Dashmellow can recommend the one he uses- it's in a thread here on DCT somewhere but I didn't bookmark it so I can't find it right now.

Phil

Thanks for warning. I have to see where to find UV glue.
Funny thing is that this filter is stuck in this position so it is not possible to move it in place easily I will try to heat it up and move it then.
About camera switching off I don't know what happened for some reason it was off for 2 weeks after recording this last good very short videos and then it was recording this broken image for 1 month before I checked it but during this 1 month it was recording reliably and rear camera image was okay. I am suspecting that there was some intermittent connection between GPS module and camera which could cause this interruption.

Thanks for warning. I have to see where to find UV glue.
Funny thing is that this filter is stuck in this position so it is not possible to move it in place easily I will try to heat it up and move it then.
About camera switching off I don't know what happened for some reason it was off for 2 weeks after recording this last good very short videos and then it was recording this broken image for 1 month before I checked it but during this 1 month it was recording reliably and rear camera image was okay. I am suspecting that there was some intermittent connection between GPS module and camera which could cause this interruption.
UV cement is the standard for optical cements. This is what is used to glue the different dash cam lens elements together at the factory for example and it is what is used to attach your exisitng IR cut filter. It is basically a UV light activated polymer and it is inert so it will not harm or fog lenses or filters.

There are commercial/scientific versions available like the ones on THIS Amazon page but less expensive consumer/hobby versions will work fine for your purposes. With minor technical differences they are essentially the same stuff in different packaging.

I've had good success using the Visbella product but there are many similar products on the market. They are relatively inexpensive and they come with a small UV flashlight for curing.

You will probably be able to source them in Poland from Amazon as they now have fulfillment centers in Poland. If you can't source it on Amazon do some searching for "UV glue" or "UV cement" or UV curing cement".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B078XHFYJM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B078V45GYY
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07LB75XWC

To remove your old filter simply heat it up using a hair dryer until the existing glue softens up a bit. The hairdryer will also be useful for loosening the glue that holds your lens in place. Be careful not to overheat.
Use surgical gloves or equivalent when handling the IR-cut filter as fingerprints are difficult to remove without damaging the dichroic coatings on the filter.

visbella.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for help!
I think I will order new lens from manufacturer because I cannot find this glue locally. I will let you know if installing new lens fixed the problem.

Ok ordering new lenses is also not so easy because I would need to focus them myself so I decided to at least try how it would work with this filter in place (without adding glue for now)
I took hair dyer and after heating it up I pushed and held the filter in place until it cooled down. The lens stayed in place now
20201030_132408.jpg

I tried recording the In not fully assembled state
20201030_132339.jpg

And it works now :
test.png
I will probably put the camera back to the car with this temporary fix and order glue online.
Thanks everybody for help!!

I will probably put the camera back to the car with this temporary fix and order glue online.
Looks good! Also looks like one corner wasn't glued very well by the factory.

If you can get some glue reasonably quickly then I would advise not assembling, disassembling, assembling the 0906 unnecessarily, even with care and knowledge it is easy to damage the cables to the mount, speaker, etc. Take plenty of time during reassembly, don't force anything, use logic instead. It is one of the most difficult dashcams to assemble!

If it was mine then I would try focusing that image, doesn't look perfect. If the glue on the tread isn't hindering things, then focusing just requires rotation of the lens, rotating the lens by 1mm movement of the thread is normally too much, given that then you can just mark the original position with a marker, or by scratching a line, then try a few positions within a mm either side, then look at the recorded video and decide which was best.

да, он в Беларуси и обрабатывает весь СНГ
Здравствуйте, подскажите как зашить в камеру базу украинских SpeedCam

Здравствуйте, подскажите как зашить в камеру базу украинских SpeedCam
No way. The firmware does not have a camera alert function and there is no Speedcam base. And what, do you have a database of points to download?

Ни за что. В прошивке нет функции оповещения камеры и нет базы Speedcam. А что, у вас есть база баллов для скачивания?

нах все идут для россии к примеру, прошивка от FreeDrive 600-GW DUAL 4K .... у меня регистратор gs63h azdome и он работает на прошивке от

FreeDrive 600-GW
DUAL 4K​

но базы для украины нет /// вот у них на дигме есть база спидкам и она работает .... сам лично пользуюсь данной прошивкой ... извините может я не в ту тему написал на форуме /// я сюда попал когда искал чем открыть прошивку (JNovatekDec.jar) для своего gs63h

прошивка от FreeDrive 600-GW DUAL 4K .... у меня регистратор gs63h azdome и он работает на прошивке от

This thread deals with dashcam Mini 0906 and only this one.
Mini-0906_2.jpg
And use already Google Translate, on this forum the language of communication is English
PS: on the 4PDA forum, look for answers from a manufacturer called Digma. The Dash Azdom GS63SH firmware also does not support camera notifications. All questions to Digma.

*В этой теме рассматривается только видеорегистратор Мини 0906 и только этот, что, не поняли до сих пор?
И воспользуйтесь уже Гугл Транслейт, на этом форуме язык общения английский
PS: ищите ответы на российском форуме 4ПДА, а в первую очередь - у производителя под названием Дигма.
В прошивке Azdome GS63H также нет поддержки оповещений о камерах. Все вопросы к Дигма!

Last edited:
Just used Gorilla Super Glue even though I have UV cured glue. They don't properly glue it on the corners so two corners on my filter were lose.
Took needle, squeezed some glue on the piece of paper. Dab a bit from the tip of needle on each of those corners and dried up with hot air blower.
Nothing was ruined as some posters here saying it will. Tested it for quite some time.
Everything works fine if not to mention radio interference of back camera from day one.

Doesn't change my opinion on this specific product. Not buying something like this anymore!

Just used Gorilla Super Glue even though I have UV cured glue. They don't properly glue it on the corners so two corners on my filter were lose.
Took needle, squeezed some glue on the piece of paper. Dab a bit from the tip of needle on each of those corners and dried up with hot air blower.
Nothing was ruined as some posters here saying it will. Tested it for quite some time.
Everything works fine if not to mention radio interference of back camera from day one.

Doesn't change my opinion on this specific product. Not buying something like this anymore!

Sounds like you were careful with the glue application and basically you also just got lucky. Also sounds like the hairdryer helped blow some of the fumes away and dried it quickly. Fact is, what appears to be fine right now may well come back to bite you after a period of time as the cyanoacrylate super-glue continues to out-gas.

Using super-glue is really a bad idea around dichroic coated filters like IR-cut filters as they are especially sensitive to cyanoacrylate fumes.

Last edited:
Sounds like you were careful with the glue application and basically you also just got lucky. Also sounds like the hairdryer helped blow some of the fumes away and dried it quickly. Fact is, what appears to be fine right now may well come back to bite you after a period of time as the cyanoacrylate super-glue continues to out-gas.

Using super-glue is really a bad idea around dichroic coated filters like IR-cut filters as they are especially sensitive to cyanoacrylate fumes.

Well, as I said I do have that UV glue from the days I was fixing some family cell phones which required that glue for a screen.

The reason I've used super glue is the amount I've used is so small there will be no out-gasing or anything else. ( I hope LOL)

The cam was supposed to go in the garbage can where it belongs from day one instead to be sold to the public. Not much driving now anyway and it's used as 24h a day parking monitor so radio interference doesn't bother me.

Car is parked on the street of Brooklyn so parking monitor is a must here.

Well, as I said I do have that UV glue from the days I was fixing some family cell phones which required that glue for a screen.

The reason I've used super glue is the amount I've used is so small there will be no out-gasing or anything else. ( I hope LOL)

The cam was supposed to go in the garbage can where it belongs from day one instead to be sold to the public. Not much driving now anyway and it's used as 24h a day parking monitor so radio interference doesn't bother me.

Car is parked on the street of Brooklyn so parking monitor is a must here.

Well, it's your camera and you can do with it as you please, plus it sounds like you did a careful job which many people don't do when using superglue and can be difficult anyway when applying in a situation like this.

Just curious to know why you went with superglue if you already had UV cement available?

Well if a cam does what you need it to do then that's what matters most ;) "Super-glue" does most of it's outgassing in about 72 hours time, but that continues awhile longer at lower levels and it doesn't completely stop for a long time so it will be interesting to see what happens here. Seems you do understand that with super-glue less is more; barely enough to bond is stronger than using more which will actually give a a weaker bond as the molecule chain between surfaces is extended.

I'd still recommend the UV-cured glues as those have been tried and proven to work well in this application over long times and they're cheap enough too.

Phil

Well, it's your camera and you can do with it as you please, plus it sounds like you did a careful job which many people don't do when using superglue and can be difficult anyway when applying in a situation like this.

Just curious to know why you went with superglue if you already had UV cement available?

The answer is : patience. LOL

Didn't want to wait until it cures. With superglue it was instant and it took me under 30 min from the beginning to the end for all this ordeal.

It would take me longer to find where I put that uv glue.

P.S. Forgot to give credit to @Rayman.Chan for posting that assemblin/disassembling document link on this forum.
That helped a lot with doing quick repair.

Last edited:
The answer is : patience. LOL

Didn't want to wait until it cures. With superglue it was instant and it took me under 30 min from the beginning to the end for all this ordeal.

It would take me longer to find where I put that uv glue.

P.S. Forgot to give credit to @Rayman.Chan for posting that assemblin/disassembling document link on this forum.
That helped a lot with doing quick repair.

UV polymer cement cures within a few seconds after applying a UV light source. Once cured it is completely inert. It is literally faster than superglue which can take minutes to set up and bond and from there it takes days to actually "cure". And like we've been talking about, it risks ruining your camera filter if the fumes exuded during cure affect the dichroic coatings.

The technique with UV cement would be exactly the same as you used with the superglue. Apply a tiny bead of UV glue with a toothpick but instead of waiting for it to dry you hit it with UV light for a brief time. Done!

I sounds like you've never used the UV cement you've got or you would know how fast it cures.

Last edited:
Back