0906 disassembly

UV polymer cement cures within a few seconds after applying a UV light source. Once cured it is completely inert. It is literally faster than superglue which can take minutes to set up and bond and from there it takes days to actually "cure". And like we've been talking about, it risks ruining your camera filter if the fumes exuded during cure affect the dichroic coatings.

The technique with UV cement would be exactly the same as you used with the superglue. Apply a tiny bead of UV glue with a toothpick but instead of waiting for it to dry you hit it with UV light for a brief time. Done!

I sounds like you've never used the UV cement you've got or you would know how fast it cures.

No, I did not use that glue. My son in law ended up getting another phone so it just collecting dust.

I have to say that notion about fumes from microscopic bid of superglue is just ridiculous. I will wear a mask or respirator then.

Either way, done here arguing about some garbage dashcam.
Thank you for your attention to it.

No, I did not use that glue. My son in law ended up getting another phone so it just collecting dust.

I have to say that notion about fumes from microscopic bid of superglue is just ridiculous. I will wear a mask or respirator then.

Either way, done here arguing about some garbage dashcam.
Thank you for your attention to it.

Didn't know we were "arguing", but anyone who has ruined a lens or filter with fumes from a tiny blob of superglue doesn't find it ridiculous. Quite a few reports of superglue damage here on DCT. Anyway, glad you were able to fix your camera without mishap.

Back