0906 firmware 0527

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
So here is a recap with my experience with it so far.

Day 1. install this new FW using a smaller SD card ( no problem )
Day 1. after firmware upgrade put back in 128 Gb Toshiba SD card ( no problem )
Day 1. booting camera it start to record like normal on sd card ( no problem )
Day 1 doing settings and then shutting camera down ( no problem )
Day 1. took camera to car, put it in mount, started drive ( format card pop up, no problem )
Day2. took camera to car put it in mount, started car.
Camera will not record, format card MSG come up all the time, ignoring or pressing enter to format make no change, entering menu and do format there make no change.
Trying camera reset button and so on camera will not record on 128 Gb card at all, switching card with a 64 Gb card from another camera make 0906 record like normal, and the 128 Gb card work fine in other camera ( SG9665XS )

In footage text are now black making it hard to impossible to read even in daytime as i have a black dashmat on my dashbord.

While waiting for my turn at the car wash sitting in the sun i set a new temperature record with 104 degrees C

0906_104_degrees.jpg

Wondering if the suddenly higher temperatures are Celsius and Fahrenheit being messed up, but 104 deg F are only 40 deg C ????
Feeling camera up with the skin on the back of my fingers, the camera feel warm, but not to a degree that are uncomfortable at all.

I will change to Fahrenheit for my next drive to see what temperatures i get then.

Temperature readings in footage are nice for now, but down the line i doubt people will be using it, but for now it is perfect.

Wondering if the suddenly higher temperatures are Celsius and Fahrenheit being messed up, but 104 deg F are only 40 deg C ????
Feeling camera up with the skin on the back of my fingers, the camera feel warm, but not to a degree that are uncomfortable at all.

I will change to Fahrenheit for my next drive to see what temperatures i get then.

Temperature readings in footage are nice for now, but down the line i doubt people will be using it, but for now it is perfect.

I think @Rayman.Chan mentioned that the new firmware (0527) assumes a different bias resistor value. So if you have not soldered on the new resistor, the temp will be incorrect with this firmware.

No soldering done here, other than the lens swap the camera of mine are as it arrived in the mail.

I never had the heat related shutdowns some of they guys had.

No soldering done here, other than the lens swap the camera of mine are as it arrived in the mail.

I'm in the same situation, wondering about taking it apart again to change the resistor so that I can use the new firmware properly!

Has anyone had it shutdown due to temperature with the new firmware? I don't understand how Kamkar1 has it showing 104C - shouldn't it have shutdown before that? Mine has been to an indicated 107C. Maybe the shutdown has been disabled?

I'm in the same situation, wondering about taking it apart again to change the resistor so that I can use the new firmware properly!

Has anyone had it shutdown due to temperature with the new firmware? I don't understand how Kamkar1 has it showing 104C - shouldn't it have shutdown before that? Mine has been to an indicated 107C. Maybe the shutdown has been disabled?
I believe the processor shutdown logic is independent of what the display is showing.
Novatek thermal protection has its own (internal) temperature circuit. As mentioned by @Rayman.Chan the display is showing temperature from separate sensor located on PCB.

I believe the processor shutdown logic is independent of what the display is showing.
Novatek thermal protection has its own (internal) temperature circuit. As mentioned by @Rayman.Chan the display is showing temperature from separate sensor located on PCB.
If that was the case then the people who where having shutdown problems at 78C or whatever would still be having shutdown problems, just at a different indicated temperature... but nobody is having shutdowns any more...

yes this is the point, if you havn't mod the resistor, please use 4.24/5.03 firmware,
if you have replaced the resistor, please use 5.27 version:
www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20170527.zip
Looks like two versions of firmware should be in future:
NonSoldered Resistor version of cam &
Soldered Resistor version of cam...

I have just taken a drive with the camera ser to read farenheit, and it seem to do that as i get even higher numbers now.

So a mess up of F & C are not the reason we see elevated temperatures on the LCD and in the footage.

BUT ! the camera work again using the same 128 GB card, but i have a sneaky feeling it wont do that tomorrow, but we will see.

Looks like two versions of firmware should be in future:
NonSoldered Resistor version of cam &
Soldered Resistor version of cam...

only "Soldered Resistor version of cam"

Maybe the shutdown has been disabled?

the auto temperature protection is done by a MCU on board, can't be disable by firmware.

we will check the compatibility of 128GB

I have run an oven test for 2o minute @ 50C read out was 46.
@ 25C room temperature, read out was 28C

The new resistor was 10K measured to 9.8K ohm.

I have a 64Mb/128Mb green PNY Elite class u1, so I don't see any problem with the size.

I have been running the same 128Gb Toshiba card since my last post here, and now the camera have no problem with it :rolleyes:

Yes indeed, these black fonts without any space between the different data is very annoying.

- I`ve noticed, that there is no speed stamping/showing on the display while the camera is recording. I miss this feature.
- I have noticed a slow reaction of the flipping from front to rear camera. I have to press the power button several times till it reacts. I don`t know is it a hardware related issue or the camera`s software needs more time to load. Probably this last one, because this slow reaction I did not notice with the old firmware.

3DHighway.jpg

Speed is there ( 83 km/h in the photo ) but its almost a guessing game due to the black font and no spacing in between things.
But this i think are a easy fix ( font color and spacing between information )

Not on the recorded one (as on the attached picture).I meant on DashCams display, when its recording

Aaaa okay, well that i will not be able to say, first of all due to my old eyes, and i had to move the camera over on the passenger side of the mirror.

Okay so my camera freaked out again just like described in #1
Nothing else to do but press the little reset button and then format the card when asked to at the following boot.
And now its back up and running, at least for a short test on my USB charger on the computer table.

Stability wise I've had no issues with this firmware - the only major issue is that the last file still isn't being saved during short trips as the capacitors aren't charged enough.

Focus wise it's much better with the replacement lens - here are some sample clips from the last couple of days including good and bad weather.

What are you guys using for GPS?

I really need a CPL in this car as the reflections are really bad off my windscreen - I'll have to dig the dashmat out as I've not had that in the car for a year now!

I got error on the last file, when the cam shutting down on 0527 firmware.
error.JPG

Back