0906 firmware 5.24

Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
those bugs have been corrected in 5.24 version. will release a new one days later.

3, rear camera flip problem
4, video file names messy to sort -- separated into FRONT, REAR, GPS folder
5, gps log file messy or lost,
7, remote control no snap when screen off
8, sometimes charging icon disappear
12, GPS longitude and latitude correcting

added on 5.27:
3, mirror the rear image basing on 5.24 update
9, reduce G-sensor sensitivity,
13, memory error for large card, added a format button, it is the first crude attempt
18,19, added temperature stamping and setting, but need further optimizing

http://www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20170527.zip

Last edited:
Perfect i got the camera out of the car when i got home, sadly i have to upload a traffic booo booo i made yesterday :oops:

Camera flashed, looking forward to next drive tomorrow.

OK, flashed the firmware, reset to defaults and still no sound :)
- Had it running less than two hours (front and back) and it got crazy hot 95°C (no shutdowns though)
- The rear flip bug is still there (tapping power flips the rear image upside down)
IMG_20170524_193837.jpg

Hot giggity :p

The weather gurus say Friday and Saturday will be sunny with temps up to 25 :eek: so looking forward to setting a new temperature record, maybe see my first heat related shutdown.

Here is a weird one: If you use both channels with HDMI plugged in, the camera will not start recording. The elapsed recording time will show 00:19:19.
IMG_20170524_224203.jpg

Last edited:
Something is definitely wrong here. 1 hour and 18 minutes, both channels: 104°C. I think that's a record.
IMG_20170525_000047.jpg

Something is definitely wrong here. 1 hour and 18 minutes, both channels: 104°C. I think that's a record.
View attachment 31164
Is that in full sun in a parked car, or at night in the dark like it looks?

Do you have an IR thermometer to measure the real case temperature?

Is that in full sun in a parked car, or at night in the dark like it looks?

Do you have an IR thermometer to measure the real case temperature?
Actually it was just sitting on my desk. I will measure the case temp tonight.

I have just been out for a little drive on what is a fairly sunny day, so i did set a new temperature record with 91 degrees.
But even with that alarming temperature in the LCD display the 0906 seem to be performing perfect.

O and BTW i do like the new order on the memory card, seem to be working fine, i also snapped some pictures today using the little remote, and also managed to make a event recording using the little remote.
New order on memory card also working fine with the registrator viewer, but dont have a track on the map as i have been using speed in footage only so far.
But ordinary recording and the locked event files are there in "RV" just fine.

I also added mini0906 to the footage so its embedded in all my recordings, will have to remember to add that as a tag to my youtube uploads made with this camera.

Only use for GPS i been using lately are the speed embedded in the footage, with the new file structure i will have to give the other two options a go on my next drive.

Actually it was just sitting on my desk. I will measure the case temp tonight.
Make sure the ventilation holes underneath are not blocked by the desk - left it up a little.

I have just been out for a little drive on what is a fairly sunny day, so i did set a new temperature record with 91 degrees.
But even with that alarming temperature in the LCD display the 0906 seem to be performing perfect.
Hey @kamkar1 is your rear cam flipping the image when power button is tapped?

no i see the rear camera right side up on the screen ( camera installed upside down and rear camera flip on )

I have not tried to change several times in between the 2 cameras, i will make sure to try that on my next drive.

Rotate camera are set to off and flip rear camera are on, but i just cheeked and pressing rotate camera made the menu crash and sent me back to square 1 and the camera recording, upon pressing menu enter i get back in the menus but not at the default top of the list but at rotate camera where i crashed out.
I can scroll past rotate camera just fine but if i enter it to see its setting then menu crash.

Last edited:
1, it is not menu crash, but doing some flip action;
2, we set the cursor to the last item when it quit setting, so you can find your last change quickly, instead of enter the default top then click click click, this is a feature of mini;

Mine was switching off when it reached 83C in full sun. I've just fitted a sun shield above it, then turned it on to see how cool it stayed - turned it off again when it reached 107C on the screen!

However the IR thermometer says the case is cooler than when it used to say 83C with the last firmware!

Has the new firmware added 25C to the displayed temperature, or maybe it is in degrees F now even though it says C on the screen?

Back