0906 firmware 5.24

Cancelling the screen saver requires 3 presses of the power button, I guess it is going rear - off - on. Other buttons only need 1 press but the power button is much easier to press so that is the one I use, can we have it fixed to just need 1 press please?

Cancelling the screen saver requires 3 presses of the power button, I guess it is going rear - off - on. Other buttons only need 1 press but the power button is much easier to press so that is the one I use, can we have it fixed to just need 1 press please?

I don't agree.
It's nice that you can toggle btw front, rear and off.

I don't agree.
It's nice that you can toggle btw front, rear and off.
Yes, I like being able to toggle front|rear|off, my problem is when the screen has turned off due to a screen saver timeout.

If the screen saver is active then pressing the power button once should display the front view?

Currently it displays nothing, then on the second press still nothing, then on the 3rd press I get the front view.

Just been having a look at a little drive recorded with GPS log on, and everything look as you would expect :cool:

OK, flashed the firmware, reset to defaults and still no sound :)
- Had it running less than two hours (front and back) and it got crazy hot 95°C (no shutdowns though)
- The rear flip bug is still there (tapping power flips the rear image upside down)
View attachment 31161

I was out for a little spin and I couldn't get so high temperature as yours.
I kept the display on all the time and both camera is on, so I could get extra heat.
I measuring of the house with an IR thermometer gun t0 62C and 906 showed 79C
After I changed my resistor I got a room reading there is 5C higher than the surrounding @20C

@Tobi@s how much is your cam off?
@Rayman.Chan Where is the tempurature probe located. On the PCB or in processor.

Didn't have time for testing the new firmware in my car and measuring temperature. But on first startup it showed 24° which seemed ok, since it was in my room all day. Will report back tomorrow

Bitrate seems almost constant now :)

But I still think that the "super fine" quality setting should have more than 12Mb/s...

I think the resistor is used to measure temperature.
My resistor should not change properties at any temperature.
It only use to adjust the settings.

If the screen saver is active then pressing the power button once should display the front view?

Currently it displays nothing, then on the second press still nothing, then on the 3rd press I get the front view.

Your are correct.
@Rayman.Chan Looks like power button need to be a adjustment, so screen will "wake up" at first press, after screen sleep.

Last edited:
My resistor should not change properties at any temperature.
It only use to adjust the settings.
Are you sure? My guess is that the resistor is used to measure temperature by measuring the voltage? My last physics class was already some time ago but I remember that we built a thermometer there using a resistor

Make sure the ventilation holes underneath are not blocked by the desk - left it up a little.
Re-ran the test and temperature got up to 91°C. Better, but still pretty hot. This is inside an A/C room. The camera case temperature was around 50°C.
IMG_20170525_172455.jpg IMG_20170525_175409.jpg IMG_20170525_182542.jpg IMG_20170525_192541.jpg IMG_20170525_192651.jpg

Are you sure? My guess is that the resistor is used to measure temperature by measuring the voltage? My last physics class was already some time ago but I remember that we built a thermometer there using a resistor

Must be thermistor.

Re-ran the test and temperature got up to 91°C. Better, but still pretty hot. This is inside an A/C room. The camera case temperature was around 50°C.
40c degree different, does not sound right. I think you dash cam show to high temperature.

Try to let the camera rest 1/2 hour at room temperature. Check the temp. with IR gun and see what dashcam read out as first temperatur when you turn it on.

Turn on you oven for 2-3 min just so you get 50C and let the oven rest (make sure the temp NOT get higher)
Put the cam (turn off) in for 5-10 min. Check the temp in oven again and see what the dashcam read out. Are there the same?

Edit: The temperature in my cam adjust the first 10-15 second and get stable, that's ok.

Last edited:
Back home, and with a new personal 0906 heat record of 98 degrees.
And a GPS side note, upon exiting my destination a few hours later, the 0806 just would not get a GPS fix in the forest, the SG9665GC and my phone running the waze like app was oblivious to the fact there was a tree canopy above.
But as soon as i left the trees behind after a few Km then the 0906 got its lock on.

Okay have looked closer at my footage from today, it seem the GPS log go haywire once in a while, seem to loose the log though GPS speed are still in footage.
SO maps using RV have some blank spaces.
Also for unknown reasons the camera created 4 event files, i have not pressed the event button and G-sensor are off, and most of the events are on nice level road.
And there are also 1 bad file from the rear camera it seem.

Screen dump of RV
0906drive_RV.jpg

The bulk of the drive out today.

Last edited:
with a new personal 0906 heat record of 98 degrees.
If we take 100C - 40C = 60C or more for the housing. That should feel extremely hot to touch, not warm. Is that the case?
Where is that temperature probe located?

I have not tried to feel up the camera, but i can do that tomorrow or see if i can remember to borrow my friends temp gun, though i would prefer to get a probe in between the 2 PCB parts.

If we take 100C - 40C = 60C or more for the housing. That should feel extremely hot to touch, not warm. Is that the case?
Where is that temperature probe located?
Mine just felt a little warm when it reached 107C :mad: Not warm enough to burn my fingers, or even stop me holding it.

I'm fairly sure that it was the new firmware that changed the displayed temperature. Not sure if it has had an effect on the shutdown temperature since I've not seen it shutdown since the firmware update.

I'd like to know what temperature we're looking at. Is it the internal CPU temperature or is there a sensor on the board somewhere? Maybe @Rayman.Chan can shed light on this.

I'm fairly sure that it was the new firmware that changed the displayed temperature.
Did you try rollback to early versions of firmware and check cam in the same conditions?
Maybe update of new firmware and was to show +xx C/F but without resistor soldering..?

Back