1080p@60fps with decent mount... does it exist?

kwolf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking to get a dash cam that has a decent mount and image quality that is 1080p @ 60fps. GPS and discreet housing would be a plus too.

So far all I can find is the Dome G90 (A7LA70 version) which appears to have a notoriously bad mount. The newer version of this that was posted seems to have made the mount issues worse by moving the GPS to the top.

I also saw mentioned Street Storm CVR-A7810-G but not for sale anywhere that is not Russia.

I also found this: Sunty A99. But no pictures of mount... and no one seems to have heard of Sunty before, and no firmware updates posted anywhere, makes me a bit wary of that.

Anyone know of a camera that can do 1080p at 60fps, and has a good mount (preferably adhesive), hopefully from a reputable maker?

Is there anything wrong with 45 fps? That gives you a bit more choice with all the A7LA50 cameras such as the mini 0806.

Is there anything wrong with 45 fps? That gives you a bit more choice with all the A7LA50 cameras such as the mini 0806.

I really want 60fps, as 45fps looks jerky on playback on nearly every monitor since monitors are usually 60Hz refresh rate. 30 actually looks smoother to me since it divides cleanly from 60. With 45fps you have 1 frame showing on 1 refresh cycle, then the next frame shows for 2 refresh cycles, then the next frame shows only for 1... etc. Looks jerky to me.

I was looking at the 0806 and the 45fps thing is the only thing that makes me not want it. Wish they went with the A7LA70

FYI 60fps is going to compromise night image quality. (faster shutter)

IMO for typical dash cam use cases, 30fps is better.

Just remember most if not all trottle back on FPS when it get dark, even the gopro cameras do that too.
Sadly current generation CMOS chips cant sustain 60 FPS as they are not lightsensetive enuff.
Shutter speeds drop to 1:30 second at night, and that is the great challenge for all current dash & action cams.

I am looking to get a dash cam that has a decent mount and image quality that is 1080p @ 60fps. GPS and discreet housing would be a plus too.

So far all I can find is the Dome G90 (A7LA70 version) which appears to have a notoriously bad mount. The newer version of this that was posted seems to have made the mount issues worse by moving the GPS to the top.

I also saw mentioned Street Storm CVR-A7810-G but not for sale anywhere that is not Russia.

I also found this: Sunty A99. But no pictures of mount... and no one seems to have heard of Sunty before, and no firmware updates posted anywhere, makes me a bit wary of that.

Anyone know of a camera that can do 1080p at 60fps, and has a good mount (preferably adhesive), hopefully from a reputable maker?
Joovuu also stock this model BTW,it seemed there is 1pc in stock with 256MB copy memory in stock still

I recently bought one of those Sunty A99 from Gearbest. It came from gearbest with StreetStorm firmware on it - SSA7810GPRO.150825.V6.2

Overall the picture quality is very good on this camera and the night time video is far better than Mini0806.

Setting quality to Normal results in 600MB files for 5 mins , set this to Super fine and the 5 min files result in 1G size. This is regardless of the resolution / frame rate you pick.

One niggle I have is that I've not been able to get GPS working on it.

Back