Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm looking for.a 2 channel dash cam with following requirements:

• GPS
  • 2 Channel
  • Parking mode with battery protection
  • Decent video quality
  • Not overly expensive as the BlackVue ones.
  • Works well in Australian climate
  • Decent customer support in Australia.
Someone mentioned that the 2K 60fps setting is better to capture license plates. Do we have any front+rear dashcam that records 2k+60 fps in both cameras?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Also WiFi connectivity - if I want to download any vidoes to the phone before they get overwritten...

Someone mentioned that the 2K 60fps setting is better to capture license plates. Do we have any front+rear dashcam that records 2k+60 fps in both cameras?
60fps is not necessary for license plates, really makes no difference other than to produce smoother looking video. So is worth considering if you are making movies, otherwise ignore it.

Thank you. I was looking at A229 pro discussions, but completely missed A229 plus. Given it's a new camera and available through viofo.com and not viofo.com.au, I wonder if @viofo will support in Australia for warranty repairs or returns.

@Nigel - Would you mind suggesting one or two more so I can compare and choose please? Ignore the 60 fps requirement as per your suggestion.

Thank you. I was looking at A229 pro discussions, but completely missed A229 plus. Given it's a new camera and available through viofo.com and not viofo.com.au, I wonder if @viofo will support in Australia for warranty repairs or returns.

@Nigel - Would you mind suggesting one or two more so I can compare and choose please? Ignore the 60 fps requirement as per your suggestion.
You could go thru Viofo Australia when they receive stock of the A229 Plus, or an authorised reseller, all for warranty purposes

As Agie says, might be best to wait for your local distributer to get stock, but yes Viofo will give support for Oz, only issue is that you may have to ship it back to China for warranty purposes. It is also new, so not proven yet. Viofo are normally pretty good, but it might need a couple of firmware updates for everything to work nicely.

As for others, bit difficult at the moment because we are only just starting to see 2 channel cameras with the Sony Starvis 2 image sensors, and the other manufacturers seem to be having a few issues, plus most of them are rather expensive which you didn't seem to want. The Starvis 2 with HDR (which some manufacturers haven't got working) is far enough ahead of the last generation sensor to make me reluctant to recommend older dashcams, so I will leave it to others to do so...

You could go thru Viofo Australia when they receive stock of the A229 Plus, or an authorised reseller, all for warranty purposes
A friend of mine contacted @VIOFO-Support and they said that the A229 plus has not been released in Australia yet? WHY? it is on there .com site....so why not start shipping them to OZ? makes no sense.

A friend of mine contacted @VIOFO-Support and they said that the A229 plus has not been released in Australia yet? WHY? it is on there .com site....so why not start shipping them to OZ? makes no sense.

I emailed viofo Australia - they didn't even bother to respond.

I did speak to someone else who ordered from the .com site and it was shipped via DHL from China. Not sure why it isn't on the AU site, it would make it easier especially if a warranty return was needed.

There are other brands on the site but which do you recommend?

Thanks for the reply, but the info seems contradictory.
For Eg: https://www.viofo.com.au/product/sandisk-high-endurance-microsd-card/ said they are great for dash cams....

(The viofo.com site does NOT recommend these cards) but the australian .com.au site does?

Please explain. @VIOFO-Support

Attachments

• sdcard2.png
    sdcard2.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 2
  • sdcard.png
    sdcard.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm no expert, but I would go by the .com article, which was 'Modified on: Wed, 25 Oct, 2023 at 6:16 AM'

I'm no expert, but I would go by the .com article, which was 'Modified on: Wed, 25 Oct, 2023 at 6:16 AM'
Thanks. Well I think these guys need to get their story straight to alleviate any confusion.

Back