192.168.8.1 Windows 7 live view not working

paata01

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi all,
I connected to my laptop and when I enter ip address 192.168.8.1 it doesn't show anything. please advice

yes, it should be able to show live view on Windows 7

When you connect to DR650GW try to open Command Prompt in windows and type "ipconfig" without the " " and look after the gateway ip.

And always write the ip like this "http://192.168.1.1" with the "http://" or "https://" in your browser.

Last edited:
no I didn't set up anything just connected to Blackvue, is there any thread or article how to do it.

thanks I read manual but they is nothing r about Windows 7 and live view

If you're using V2.000 or higher then the default IP changed to 10.99.77.1.

thank you, I will try that

no I didn't set up anything just connected to Blackvue, is there any thread or article how to do it.
I found this some time ago.. the live view works for me but can not get the other parts to work. I suspect this was written for a version prior to the release of the 650 line.

For live view.. I turn WiFi on on my 650.. then connect my laptop to that source.. then open my browser and type in the http://192.168.8.1/blackvue_live.cgi It works well but all you (I) can get is live view, no access to any video clips. I can not credit the original source.. sorry

I don't have any problems with FTP connection. I just entered "ftp://192.168.8.1/BlackVue/Record/" into my explorer and I was connected without username and password. Also the download is working.

Also, if you connect your laptop to Blackvue and go to http://192.168.8.1/blackvue_live.cgi, you can view the live feed via webbroser
Insert the SD card into your computer and navigate to folder BlackVue -> Config.
You`ll find a file config.ini there. Open it with Notepad++ and add to the very end, after "onstart=1" this one:
ap_11n=1
Save and quit.

This will add N mode to BV wifi and the speed will increase slightly.

I discovered about a year ago that when I'm in our lounge (about 50 feet from the car) I am able to connect to the camera using an FTP client. You first connect laptop to camera and then use an FTP client of your choice to access the videos.

The IP address is 192.168.8.1, login as "root", default password is "pt". FTP is ftp://192.168.8.1/Blackvue/Record/ to access all of your videos.

Here are some basic steps to download to laptop via wifi
#1 Download curl.exe and wget.exe (they're available all over the web... just make sure you're on a legit "non-spamming" site)
#2 Connect the laptop to the cameras wifi just like you would any wireless access point (make sure the camera's wifi is enabled)
#3 Open a cmd prompt (you can try a Ping 192.168.8.1 just to make sure the camera and laptop can talk to each other)
#4 Execute the following command "curl [...]

#5 edit the getvideo.bat that the curl.exe created such that each line looks like this (change the xxxx to h t t p)
wget [...] (the -P switch tell the wget command where to put the files on the laptop... fell free to change to whatever folder you like)
#6 then run the .bat file and voila... files should xfer

You find the following .mp4 files on the camera (in the /Record directory) xxxxx_NF (Normal Front), xxxxx_NR (Normal rear), xxxxx_EF (Event Front), xxxxx_ER (Event Rear), xxxxx_PF (Parking Front), xxxxx_PR (Parking Rear) ... where xxxx is the date/time stamp.

You'll also file xxx_N.gps and xxx_N.3gf for the gps and accelerometer files. That's where I used a Microsoft Word macro to properly reformat the file that the curl.exe command gives you...

Sample output of the curl.exe command
v:1.00
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]

Sample output of the reformatted commands that will actually do the xfer of the data (change the "xxxx" to "h t t p" without the spaces between the letters )
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]

Long story short is that you can create a single batch file that does it all with a single click. The only issue with my "clunky" approach is that you need to have Microsoft Word to run the text manipulation macro.

Last edited:
If you're using V2.000 or higher then the default IP changed to 10.99.77.1.
confirmed 10.99.77.1 ip works fine for 2.0 version, is it possible to live view rear camera

now I have gps issue, when I bought it gps light was on, but still it never showed speed, not light is off too. any advice?

no, I have v2.0, how should I upgrade.
thanks

I upgraded to V2.02 it fixed GPS error. GPS works fine no, it shows speed too.

Another issue, most of the time I drive from work and to home 3-4 miles a day max, every time I get into the car, time and date reset itselt, and it says extreme battery discharge. Should I put timer, I have infinite with 12V, any suggestions.

sounds like an RTC battery problem, better to talk to whoever you bought it from about service
not sure if cars have separate rtc battery for clock and date. power magic pro cuts off power if it goes below 12v. but I got time and date problem every time I start vehicle. bmw x6 are famous with battery issues, can I install backup battery or something and connect blackvue there

Back