1st dash cam commercial in U.S. ?

Do you really want the tech advice from the salesperson at Walmart?
:)

Do you really want the tech advice from the salesperson at Walmart?
:)

Here in my part of Michigan, you'd be lucky to find someone who knows anything at all. I ask for something such as where is light bulbs, they tell me "¿Usted quiere papas fritas con eso?"

Michigan state is generally not strong with Spanish (mostly English, a little French) and yet most of the people at local Walmart seems to know only Spanish for some reason.

Wal-Mart, nah. The electronic oriented places where they're supposed to know something about their products.
Best Buy's selection has manufacturers I'm not familiar with, except for Garmin. It's a step up from a year or so ago.
They're just one example. It's a start.

Some test footage in there too, that's awful :/

Yeah, the whole process sounded awful, and the company is making a huge profit out of basically scamming customers.

Pretty lame review for sure. It pains me to think of how many people bought it based on the commercial showing video from other non-dashcampro products.

- The screen doesn't work but he guesses it doesn't make a difference because it records anyway.
- Inside the box comes a battery charger (?) to plug in the cigarette lighter, with a small (?) USB plug on the other end of the cable.
- Stick it in the middle of the winscreen, blocking the driver's FOV (illegal in most countries, I believe), and if it gets stolen, well, it only costs $40.
- He wishes the screen worked to change the video to a higher resolution (?).

Reviews like this make us all feel like we're very special people, don't they?

Video's nothing like advertised, very fuzzy, lots of colored bars like broken signal or noise, and overall something you might expect from a $10 no name counterfeit junk. Can anyone sue the company for false advertising since the true video quality and resolution is nowhere near what the ads showed plus some of the video they used is probably taken without permission of the owners.

Funny, I have one of the WalMart ones that was sold last year near the holidays, I never had issues with it once I realized the battery was really only for start up & shut down. No color bars, no really bad fuzziness & I never asked any walmart employee for help, not that I do or doont trust them but I'm a geek myself so had done my own research.
This was before I found this forum though, so I've been reading everyones opinions & filtering them. You know the old adage about opinions, like noses everyone has one :cool:

These are a couple recent pics from the knockoff cam, no idea how to post avis so a couple jpegs. (Nevermind, found I need to host them on youtube or someplace & post as media) They seem fairly clear to me, course I dont have my glasses on. And some of the reflection is because I didnt realize my interior of the front window had a buildup on it.

Attachments

• carcam1.jpg
    carcam1.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 13
  • carcam2.jpg
    carcam2.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 12
Next time open the video in MPC-HC or VLC and save an image from there, that will be a direct image from the video instead of a screen capture.

Hmm, okay, guess once I wipe & reinstall win8 (10 hates my video drivers) I'll go find them & download. This 40$ knockoff didnt include any extra software so I'm viewing the avi's in windows media, not exactly the best choice but workable for me.
Thanks for the suggestion Mikk, I'm hoping the 0805 will be a bit better.

14 hours? Bet it's the same ****ty 640x480 version you can find on eBay for under $10.

Ha, this is gold. I'm going to do a quick "review" video since I have my camera setup today. Thanks for finding this.

This is going to be fun. Normally my videos are really scripted. I'm just going to talk into the camera and see how it goes.

Back