2 channel Thinkware 200Pro, Q800, or Voifo A129 Plus

dknj

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking for 1st Cam setup. Reliability, Video Quality including nighttime, top importances. Somewhat interested in ADAS lane departure warning, because my current care does not have it from the factor. Not at all planning to use Parking or Cloud connectivity.
Would like to hear some thoughts if the video quality on the F200 PRO good enough? or does it fall short? Is it a waste to get the Q800 or 1000 if I'm not going to use parking or cloud. Any other brands with the lane departure to consider? Do I just forgo the ADAS features and go with Voifo?
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum dknj.
ADAS and the likes often dont work well in dashcams, i have never tried to use it in any camera, though that is probably due to me being old and a old school driver, so many newfangled things in cars annoy me, i have barely gotten to terms with ABS yet and that have been in my cars since the late 90ties.
But from what i have picked up in here over the years people tend to turn that off after a while.

I dont have any personal experience with any thinkware camera, but i think all you mention are worthy of consideration, you might also want to add the Viofo A139 in the 2 channel version though as i recall this also dont have any of those motoring features enabled.

PS. if night time is wanted as good as possible, then you need to not look at 4K cameras like the U1000 from thinkweare, their more pixel but then smaller pixel sensors dont capture as well as a similar sized image sensor with fewer larger pixels.
Some of the best image sensors these days in regard to low light performance is Sony IMX 291( 1080p ) - IMX 335 ( 1440p )

Back