4 channel dashcam suggestions

DonnyD

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really like the idea of having all four sides of my car with a camera. I could see someone if they broadside me and I could see anybody (ie a vandal) that walks up to the side. A bonus would be the right side that could show the cars in the blind spot. Here are my thoughts:
1) Get the Vantrue N5. Negative for me is that this thing is huge and costs about $400
2) Get 2 Viofo T130 units. Negative is that I would have 2 memory cards. Also, cost is about $390
3) Get Neideso N700. I have not heard of this one before, but sounds like it checks the boxes. Anyone heard anything good or bad on this one? Cost would be about $250.

I don't think I would need 4k, but if I could get 2k front and rear, that might be good enough.
Any ideas or suggestions?

我建议是您购买viofo a229pro 三摄版本,或者vantrue n4pro,因为他们的内摄都能拍到车内、车后还有侧面

That Neideso N700 is at least as "big " as the N5

If you want those 2 extra cameras to cover the cabin then yes, but if you are hoping to get much side view, well i would not put money on something like that.
I have the N5 system but what its 2 interior cameras capture out the side is not something i would rely much on, but what they can capture in the car is just fine.
For me side view is a camera put on a side window ( fixed glass ) or on the front fender filming down the side of the car but that is very rare in off the shelf consumer dashcams.

Now i do consider the N5 the ultimate ride share system, but it also have its down sides, for me it is the 2 cameras in 1 unit setup.
Now on the rear camera it actually work just fine, but the front is the problem, CUZ if you like me have one of those seemingly rare cars where you can put something like a dashcam in front of the mirror, and even better way up high on the dotted area.
Cuz when you put the camera there well the front interior camera will just film the back side of the mirror.

So you are left with 2 choices:

1: you can mount it lower so it can film below the mirror, but if you also want to be able to look "up " and see PPLs faces, then you have to mount terrible low, and that would actually be illegal here in Denmark, even if judging by other PPLs cars it is clearly not a law the police bother to uphold.
Also that low the front camera will just see the PPL on the front seat, meaning the rear camera will be the only chance to get a identifying shot of PPL back there as they enter / exit, and i dont think a person getting into the back seat look out the back window very much, least of all if it is one with nefarious plans.

2: if your car have a sensor array on the windscreen, and probably also the mirror mounted off that too, well you can not put anything in front of it and are forced to offset to a side, and that should probably be the side the interior camera are on the unit, so in case of the N5 to the right side of the sensor array.
This if fine and will give OK coverage of the cabin, and the front camera will also get what its supposed to get, the only problem here is it is very asymmetrical and so very obvious something is there, and stealth in dashcams install have always been a big must have for me.

So my N5 is in the middle, but then for the first 4 months or 5 i have removed my mirror so the interior camera have a full view of the cabin.

So in the end, if i was to ride share i would get the A 139 as it have a remote interior camera on a short wire, and when i tested that i put that camera on the stalk to my mirror and it then had a excellent view of the entire cabin.
Only downside of the A139 IMO was its interior camera did not have a build in active IR cut filter, so in daytime colors would be a little off due to no IR cut filter, but not something super big and i am not sure if this have changed for the newer versions of the A 139 system.

As i am not a ride share kind of guy and cant never be as this is illegal in Denmark, well interior cameras are low on my want in a dashcam list.

I really like the idea of having all four sides of my car with a camera. I could see someone if they broadside me and I could see anybody (ie a vandal) that walks up to the side. A bonus would be the right side that could show the cars in the blind spot. Here are my thoughts:
1) Get the Vantrue N5. Negative for me is that this thing is huge and costs about $400
2) Get 2 Viofo T130 units. Negative is that I would have 2 memory cards. Also, cost is about $390
3) Get Neideso N700. I have not heard of this one before, but sounds like it checks the boxes. Anyone heard anything good or bad on this one? Cost would be about $250.

I don't think I would need 4k, but if I could get 2k front and rear, that might be good enough.
Any ideas or suggestions?
We often receive questions about what’s the best dash cam set-up to cover all sides.

So, we designed the Rexing R4.

One unit, four channels, and all-around 1080p resolution. With this setup, you get a combined 330-degree view range - nothing’s going to be missed for sure!

Our goal with the R4 is to provide the easiest way to achieve front, rear, cabin, left and right coverage.

And, you can even customize your view with the 360° adjustable left and right side cameras to completely eliminate blind spots.

• 4-Channel Dash Cam – Cover front + left + right + rear side views as you drive.
  • Customizable View - Both the left and right side cameras are adjustable 330°, complete with 4 IR lights each, and can be turned in to face the vehicle’s cabin.
  • 1080p Resolution – All-around (four channels) 1080p resolution
  • Built-in GPS – Easily track your vehicle’s speed and location along your recorded route.
  • Wi-Fi - Transfer, playback, manage, and share your dash cam footage right from your smartphone.
  • 24/7 Parking Mode - With parking mode, the dash cam is on alert for a collision even when your vehicle is turned off.(Parking mode requires Rexing type-C smart hardwire kit.)
  • Collision Detection – Important files will be saved to a separate folder safe from overwriting when a collision is detected.
  • CPL Filter Included – CPL filter designed specifically for the R4 to reduce camera glare
Type-C Charging Port – Includes Type-C port charging cable that plugs into your vehicle's cigarette lighter socket to power the dash cam.

Back