2 dash cams from one socket

Smuler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a short term solution planned, before I go all the way and get a full 2 channel camera install.

I may use a cheaper generic hardwire kit, but for ease let's assume I'm using something familiar to many such as power magic pro. I believe the principle is the same.

I'll get the PM Pro hardwired to my fuse box, so I can have power to my dash cam when ignition is off.

I know I can plug one dash cam into the PM pro, but would it be able to power 2 dash cams, if I were to plug into it an adaptor i.e. with two 'female,' sockets and then into each of the 'female' sockets I would plug one dash cam.

This way I can replicate my ultimate aim of a 2 channel camera, by having one camera on front of car and one on back.

Hope this makes sense. I'm changing car in a few months, so don't want to go for more permanent install at this stage.

Any input much appreciated and if I go with it, as I did before I will feed back for the benefit of others.

The specs included with my PMP state: Rated output voltage; DC 12 -24V: Output current; 1A max 2A / below 200µA
Not knowing what your cameras draw is nor being an electrical engineer.. my gut says it should be able to handle the load :rolleyes:

Back