Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures

(I'm not aware of any benefit to using circular polarizing filters (CPL) with fixed-focus cameras.)
There's little benefit in the case of your install because windscreen is far away from the lens. Windscreen glares are worst in close proximity of camera to the glass.

There's little benefit in the case of your install because windscreen is far away from the lens. Windscreen glares are worst in close proximity of camera to the glass.
What I meant was circular vs linear polarizing filters.

I see; CPL filters are cheap and readily available, can be attached to dash cams with minimum DIY so everybody's using them.

here are my install pics of the SG9665GC. I had to get a right angled fittings to mount it up higher to the roof lining as I was not initially happy with it being soo low down the window as the connectors are straight and wasn't as stealth as I would have liked so just finished mounting it up higher and it is a lot more hidden now and fully happy.
I also hid the GPS in the window vent in the dash for stealthness as well and good reception and to keep the direct sunlight off of it and not soo hot.

here are the links to the connector I used.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221348049031https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281605871847I got them delivered very fast as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1018_.jpg
    IMG_1018_.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1020_.jpg
    IMG_1020_.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 190
It's nice that the cam is so high up, but I wonder, how do you remove it from its mount?
Does it slide up, down, left, right, clicks out? If it's up, isn't it a problem so close to the roof?

Inquiring minds want to know.

It's nice that the cam is so high up, but I wonder, how do you remove it from its mount?
Does it slide up, down, left, right, clicks out? If it's up, isn't it a problem so close to the roof?

Inquiring minds want to know.

@alexsoll has made a VIDEO of mount / unmount

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooyeah, you know what, I did see it at the time. So very small movement and no problem.

Sorry and thank you, I'm out of this tonight, reporting sick. G'night.
And the wife says you should have a baby that would teach you.

Ooyeah, you know what, I did see it at the time. So very small movement and no problem.

Sorry and thank you, I'm out of this tonight, reporting sick. G'night.
And the wife says you should have a baby that would teach you.

No problem. We all need a little help, I also keep forgetting time to time stuff I see, getting older :)
Wish you to get well soon !

Moved house, stable internet connection and life goes on. :) A quick few photos on where my Street Guardian SG9665GC and Blackvue DR600GW reside in my car. Both work awesomely and happy with my set up. :cool:

IMG_20150426_122242.jpg IMG_20150426_122345.jpg IMG_20150426_122218.jpg

...and Blackvue DR600GW reside in my car... :cool:

View attachment 13130

It looks like the Blackvue is mounted on the heater wires in the rear. Is that the case or does it just appear that way? Could be a problem if you want to move it in the future.

It's on the wires but needed to get a clear as view as possible. But not to concerned the way cars devalue so quick. Is my go to work car and not driven a lot otherwise.

I recently bought a Mobius C to replace the current B as front camera. @Voojuu swiftly shipped it to me without any hassles and my mailman personally handled the package over a week later. Now I had enough equipment to complete my 4-cam setup.

20150428_152556.jpg

Checking the mobius C while converting it to capacitors. The new version indeed.

20150428_182014.jpg

I didn't quite know how to power all my (now) three cameras in the rear of the car using the same cable connecting them to my Power Magic Pro. Maybe this affordable spider-like usb-hub would work as power distributor? It turned out it didn't, so after some scissoring and soldering and heat-shrinking I came up with this instead:

20150428_185903.jpg

With only the power leads connected and everything else cut away there was a completely different story, now it worked brilliant!

20150429_124008.jpg

Having the side cameras up in the car was just a matter of finding the best angle and hook all cables up. I already had a cable running invisible through the interior from the PMP in the front of the car to power the rear facing camera, and with the DIY distributor everything quickly got connected. A sticky mount and a few cable holders gave this result. Maybe later if I find appropriate angled connectors I will change the cable and reroute things.

20150429_124025.jpg

Depending on the angle and lightning you might spot the camera through the tint...

20150429_124437.jpg

...or you don't.

That's it. This weekend I'm off with my witness bubble on a road trip and I'm curious to later review the photage and check for vibrations and other annoyances.

sweet as, I would like a 4 cam setup but kids would destroy it.

I've finally got round to properly installing my A118C in to my Xsara Picasso

For about 2 months I've lived with it stuck up in the top right corner using 3m command strips (so I could try the installation in different locations). But I found that it worked well here as; 1, wiper mechanism doesn't cover centre of windscreen behind rear view mirror, so dirty windscreen; 2, wipers wiped about 3 inches lower on top left of dash; 3 not only is it placed higher, it's also easier for me to remove.

Note that the unit is deliberately at an angle so as to catch the left hand side of the windscreen.

I used a mini usb right angle male to normal usb male cable (looped round the sun visor for neatness.
This is plugged in to a 3m USB extension lead which I tucked under the upper part of the black trim to get it to the door pillar, where it follows behind the trim to just under the the dash. I was then able to hid it in the dash to get it to come out a preexisting hole for the drop down storage in the centre console. so the cable pops out and plugs straight in to the lighter socket - just long enough.

I've still not decided whether to put the gps unit in - i do want to change over to the K1S dual cam at a later stage so don't want too much hassle changing (hence the USB extension cable.
IMG_1735smaller.jpg

No. I am using the magnets on either side of the headliner. I have two of the same magnets on the other side. They are very powerful and strongly hold on to each other.
Inside the camera, I put smaller of the metallic plates that comes with the Scosche Magic Mount between the battery and the camera body (image of the plate here, thanks to MrM for his post here).

I have been using the Scosche mount arrangement for the front camera for the last 7-8 months I think. I remove the front camera every day. I just installed the rear one one week back. I will probably leave that one there full time.

Thanks for the tip regarding the magnets & the Scosche magic mount. I have one of those spare too, so will bear that in mind for when I get a rear camera.

I picked up a B40/A118C last week as my first Dash Cam. I plan on getting the WiFi Street Guardian when it becomes available. In the mean time, this will will do and will happily move over to the 2nd car when the time comes.

I liked the A118C because it can discreetly mount on the windscreen. I would have gone a little bit higher up but the tinted area would effect the image. Still its pretty much invisible from the outside and I'm very happy with its appearance. The video comes out clean and it is in the wiper zone. If you look closely at the bottom of the windscreen near the right side corner you can see the GPS antenna. I was able get the cables inside of the head liner and pillar cover, so all of the wiring is nicely concealedIMG_3147.JPG IMG_3148.JPG IMG_3149.JPG . Even the cables ends that connect to camera are exiting an existing gap in the overhead console and are not poking out of the edge of the headliner.

The power is still connected to the cigarette lighter adapter that came with the camera. I will be looking to hard-wire the camera to a switched power source. So far I am very happy with this camera.

Since i have changed camera in the front its only fair to update here too, the lukas LK-7500 & 0806 is gone and there is once again plenty of room.
I let the low mount be where the 9665GC was first installed alongside the LK7500, just in case somthing interesting with a simmilar mount catch my fancy.

WP_20150517_004_big_thumb.jpg

WP_20150517_002_big_thumb.jpg

Still a little glue from the 0806 mount left, need some form of solvent to get that off :rolleyes:

Works like a charm, but if the plugs was angled or somehow shorter i would be able to get the dashcam a little higher on my windscreen for a even more stealthy install.
BUT as it is, its far batter then the Lukas LK-7500, and for that matter the 0806 which when installed was a lot wider than the 9665GC.

The inside of my GPS antenna is flipped, and it work good, some days it cold boot as fast as the rest of the camera, and on the slow days i get about 1/4 mile from home before the GPS icon on screen turn green.

PS. dont mind the exposed wire, just me that forgot to tuck it back up when i installed the camera before my drive yesterday :oops:

Last edited:
Yeah i will have to get one of those USb adapters, i actually think i have a angled adapter for the GPS plug, problem is if its here in the apartment in one of my moving boxes or if it whent in a box to my storage where i hide a lot of my other old stuff.

We will see if not money can buy everything :D

Looks really cool :)

Hope your not a short @rse like my missus otherwise the cam could be pointed at the sky!

Back