2 dashcams connected to housholdbatterie inn my campervan.

petertorro

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I have 2 Viofo 119 v3, i will connected them to my housholdbatterie. is there a solution to connected them to the batterie and put them in the parkingmode.

With the normal batterie is go in the parkingmode by switching off the ignition, but the housholdbatterie is not connected with the ignition.

Thanx for the answer, but what kind of switch you mean?Do you have a lin?. Can you tell how acc works, normally the ignition do the yob, put it in parkingmode by switch off the car .
By the starterbattery the ignition do the yob.
Whats is the scheme of the wiring with the householdbattery?

Thanx for the answer, but what kind of switch you mean?Do you have a link?. Can you tell how acc works, normally the ignition do the yob, put it in parkingmode by switch off the car .
By the starterbattery the ignition do the yob.
Whats is the scheme of the wiring with the householdbattery?

If there is no movement then they will go into parking mode after 5 minutes anyway with a normal power adaptor.

(Not sure if they need the GPS mount for that, it might depend on the firmware version, but you can easily test yours.)

You can use the supplied power adaptor if you connect some accessory sockets to your 12v battery.

Some threads on the subject-
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-mode-options-v2-0-firmware.42960/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-mode-without-hardwire-kit.43339/
There have been several firmware versions for this cam, so you need to verify that the suggestions work with your cams.

Non-hardwired parking mode requires a GPS mount which detects that the vehicle is stopped, then after a short delay will go into parking move. There is also a parking mode timer in the menu which will turn the cam off after it has been parked for the number of hours indicated. One selection wil allow the cam to continue running until the battery is exhausted.

Phil

Last edited:
tie red and yellow wires together and let the GPS activate parking mode
I don't believe that works, I expect the ACC signal from the hardwire kit will override the GPS.

Also, if you use the hardwire kit and leave the Acc off at all times, the GPS will trigger parking mode.

Post edited by me for incorrect content

Phil

Last edited:
Pin 4 would have signal, you don't get that with the two wire power supply
So wouldn't having power always on to both wires also activate the signal to that pin to make the cam 'think' it's in driving mode? It doesn't seem that would interfere with the cam going into the GPS based parking mode, but it would affect the switched parking mode.

Educate me :)

Phil

I don't believe that works, I expect the ACC signal from the hardwire kit will override the GPS.

Also, if you use the hardwire kit and leave the Acc off at all times, the GPS will trigger parking mode.
I was forgotten to write that i wanne use the buffered mode and what i read its only possible with the hardwire kit when the ignition is off.

I was forgotten to write that i wanne use the buffered mode and what i read its only possible with the hardwire kit when the ignition is off.
If that is true then you have a problem, because you would have to turn the acc on for the camera to know that the hardwire kit is connected, and then turn it off again to get into parking mode.

A couple of days ago I tested the A129 Plus, and that definitely goes into buffered parking mode when powered from a USB powerbank based on no movement detected. I think the A119 V3 uses essentially the same firmware, it even has the same processor, so I expect it to work the same.

Somebody needs to test it and find out, you say you have two that you can test...

Note, it runs from 5V USB, don't connect it to your 12 campervan battery without an adaptor of some sort, for the test a USB powerbank will work fine.

So wouldn't having power always on to both wires also activate the signal to that pin to make the cam 'think' it's in driving mode? It doesn't seem that would interfere with the cam going into the GPS based parking mode, but it would affect the switched parking mode.

Educate me :)

Phil
it wouldn't think it was in driving mode, it would know it is, when using a 2 wire kit it will determine driving or not based on the GPS, if pin 4 (acc wire) has power it's not going to do this, when you disconnect acc it knows you've stopped

it wouldn't think it was in driving mode, it would know it is, when using a 2 wire kit it will determine driving or not based on the GPS, if pin 4 (acc wire) has power it's not going to do this, when you disconnect acc it knows you've stopped
OK now it makes sense. I'll go do some post editing (y)

Phil

I try it with my laptop. Sometimes it goes in the buffered mode, when i pulling out the usb cable for a short period. But this is not the soltion , uncertainly outcome.

Don't power it from a laptop unless you want to access the files!

Use a phone charger, or a USB powerbank, or the original cigar lighter socket charger that came with the camera.

Laptops should put it into card reader mode, but they don't provide enough power for recording anyway.

Back