2 dashcams in one hardwire kit, exists?

DocHudson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Getting a Camry Hybrid. Will be installing 2 Viofo A119 dashcams, one in the front and one in the rear.

Is it possible to wire both the dashcams on single hardwire kit? I want to reduce the number of wires floating around.

Additional question, are there any special precautions to take for hybrids or just same as the regular cars?

Thanks in advance.

No you cant do that on just 1 hard wire kit, but i am running several hard wire kits ( 2 ) with a total of 5 cameras on the 5 A piggy back fuse adapter in my fuse box.
The surplus wire and the hard wire box itself are neatly bundled and tied up near the fuse box

In some newer cars it can be hard to find good fuses to tap into as car electrics it seem are also getting " smart " but it can most often be done.

Getting a Camry Hybrid. Will be installing 2 Viofo A119 dashcams, one in the front and one in the rear.

Is it possible to wire both the dashcams on single hardwire kit? I want to reduce the number of wires floating around.

Additional question, are there any special precautions to take for hybrids or just same as the regular cars?

Thanks in advance.
The first is the main thing - the hybrid's electrical circuit works in its own way, keep this in mind when you connect a Hardwire Kit for the dashcam to work in parking mode. Everything else is unchanged.
The second is cable losses. The losses on the 5 volt line are much greater than on the 12 volt line, so it is easier to put a second power adapter / HK on the second / rear dashcam.

If you wanted to save money on a kit - this is not the direction you need to go, there are physical quantities against which there are no alternatives.
And if this desire is caused by a reduction in the number of wires, then their number will not decrease anyway. Such a design.

Guessing on what the "hard wire kit" consist of but one should be able to split the output from the fuse box any number of times.. (while considering the total power draw).

Back