2 Viofo A119 mini 2 + BMW 3 G20

The car has so many fuses/slots for electronics; I doubt it matters which size you choose, since you will have at least 2 of each size that you can use for the HW-Kit.
Which would be the most common / best in that case? :)

I finally had access to my car again, here are some screenshots from the fusebox in the back.

Attachments

• photo_2023-06-28 18.40.38.jpeg
    photo_2023-06-28 18.40.38.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 12
  • photo_2023-06-28 18.40.40.jpeg
    photo_2023-06-28 18.40.40.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 10
  • photo_2023-06-28 18.40.41.jpeg
    photo_2023-06-28 18.40.41.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 10
The bmw instruction says to put the switched feed to fuse 207 in the rear fuse box and the permanent to fuse 35 in the front. I can’t get any wiring info up for a g20 for some reason so can’t suggest if there are others fed by the same circuits. Those 2 fuse slots are likely empty right now you’ll just need a tap that will fit in them.

Can you tell from the image which connector type I need? I need this information to order my viofo cables.

Can you tell from the image which connector type I need? I need this information to order my viofo cables.

If the information from @Mtrev is correct, then both of those fuse slots are the smaller size (ATS) that you have to pick.

Rear

bmw-g20-g21-fuse-box-diagram-1-9e796~2.png

Front

bmw-g20-g21-fuse-box-diagram-4-eced0~2.png

I have downloaded my official fusebox schematics from the BMW website. Does this give certainty?

Your file also confirms what @Mtrev said.
F207 and F35 are free and can be used for the dashcam installation, but one is at the front and one is at the back of the car.
The hardwire kit requires 2 slots at one place (permanent + and ignition +).

Your file also confirms what @Mtrev said.
F207 and F35 are free and can be used for the dashcam installation, but one is at the front and one is at the back of the car.
The hardwire kit requires 2 slots at one place (permanent + and ignition +).
Are you are saying it is not possible to connect 2 independent dash cams front and rear?

I have downloaded my official fusebox schematics from the BMW website. Does this give certainty?

With absolute certainty, we can say that one of the fuses is F273, which protects the cigarette lighter socket circuit. In the first video I linked to, they also connected to this fuse.
F273 from BMW diagramm.jpg

F273 from video1.jpg

F273 from video 1 b.jpg

Fuses are more like Mini and Micro2

You just need to check - there is a constant +12 or ACC, depending on this, and determine the second connection point.
It would be nice if you had a multimeter and could check when the fuse is hot/energized.
And one more thing - can you remove two fuses - a large one and a small one - and take a photo of them side by side?
FUSES for VIOFO.jpg

Last edited:
Are you are saying it is not possible to connect 2 independent dash cams front and rear?
No, it's just that in the diagram for connecting a BMW CarEye dashcam it is indicated so.

We can find the fuses that protect the Bat+ (line 30) and ACC (line 15) circuits. But online it is somewhat more difficult. :)

Last edited:
No, it's just that in the diagram for connecting a BMW CarEye dashcam it is indicated so.

We can find the fuses that protect the Bat+ and ACC circuits. But online it is somewhat more difficult. :)
I need to figure this info out before I can purchase the cables correct? I wish they had used the same connection type for all of the fuses. There should be a universal "USB C" type of standard for these things :-D

You can connect 2 dash cams you just need to either run both acc feeds 2 one fuse box and both 12V permanent feeds to the other or find the same signal in the other fuse box, BMW haven’t put them to the same fuse box for 1 of 2 reasons, either both supplies aren’t in the same fusebox or they are but they have a fuse in already. I wanted to bring up the wiring diagrams for G20 vehicles and check which signals are at those fuses and what other fuses have the same signal but my version of the bmw software hasn’t got them in for some reason.
The fuse points I mentioned are the best to use because they are the ones bmw have tested and approved for the camera they supply so you are then less likely to run into issues with the power management system.
Fuse 273 is likely to be a terminal 30B so it will remain on after ignition off but shut off when the car assumes sleep mode. I actually used this for my install as the acc as this means when my camera shuts off from its 1 hour park mode, tampering with the car or opening a door will wake the camera up and start recording.

Since the fuse size is what hinders you from making the purchase, I'd advise you to just order a set with all fuse sizes. That way you can use the ones that you need (small & big).
The set only costs 5€ more than having only a specific fuse size.

Here's the link to the set: https://www.viofo.nl/de/products/set-van-4-zekeringen-voor-viofo-hardwire-kit

And the 119 Mini 2: https://www.viofo.nl/de/products/viofo-a119-mini-2?variant=46787712876873
That is more efficient, will order everything today.

Anyone has discount / voucher codes for VIOFO BENELUX?

Since the fuse size is what hinders you from making the purchase, I'd advise you to just order a set with all fuse sizes. That way you can use the ones that you need (small & big).
Yes, Solomon's decision.
But you need to keep in mind the connection method - if both dashcams are connected to the rear fuse box, then this kit will be enough, and if the front recorder is connected to the front fuse box, then it may not be enough.
Although, it's probably better to extend the power wire from the front HK to the rear fuse box, since access to the rear unit is much more convenient.

Your fuses look to be the regular ATO type and then the mini type.

There are several ways to tell them apart just by looking at them, this is both the top of the fuses visible but also the shape of their legs if you have one pulled out to look.

automotive-blade-fuses-1024x771.jpg

I go to the local parts store and buy a fuse adapter if i need one.
Currently i just have 1 hard wire kit access, but i have been running several dashcam systems on that, as i recall it is 10 A fuses i am tapped into and the fuses i use for the dashcam side of the fuse adapter are just 5 A
I have run a 3 channel and a 2 channel system on that at the same time.

Back