2014, what's the newest and greatest at the moment?

So, i've narrowed the search down to two, the VICO MARCUS 3 M3 or the VicoVation Vico-TF2 or is the VICO MARCUS 1 M1 better then the VicoVation Vico-TF2?

Is it worth paying the extra $50 or so for the Marcus 3 as apposed to the TF2? whats the main difference.

M1 is disaster tf2 is much better. It should be worth pay more for marcus3 but we should wait for final firmware because actual beta firmware record good only on 1296p

M1 is disaster tf2 is much better. It should be worth pay more for marcus3 but we should wait for final firmware because actual beta firmware record good only on 1296p

Yeah, the M3 is an amazing camera from what I've seen and read. But it costs a good bit. Best of the choices you gave us.

The TF2 is the better choice over the M1 for sure.

RE: GT680W ... Based on eBay ads, this one has an external GPS module. Not the way I want to go. But thanks.

Is it worth paying the extra $50 or so for the Marcus 3 as apposed to the TF2? whats the main difference.

Yeah, the M3 is an amazing camera from what I've seen and read. But it costs a good bit. Best of the choices you gave us.

The TF2 is the better choice over the M1 for sure.
The M1 uses an A2 chip with SDR it was designed to replace the Vico SF2

The TF2 uses an A5 chip with HDR for 20 more dollars unless you need GPS or size is an issue I would get a TF2.
The M3 is nice, but being how new it and the A7 platform are there are still a few small issues.

:EDIT: Also be aware the TF2 + Premium can be downgraded for better video quality. (That's not a typo) to get user set WDR back. The Marcus 3 and I am guessing one also auto Apply SDR/WDR and there is no better firmware to downgrade down to.

Last edited:
Hello all, I am newbie to dashcamtalk. Has anyone had good/bad experience with Besta CR-S03 (160° viewing angle, F/2.0 aperture)?
I am planning to get this one because it has good day/night recording quality when I checked Youtube.

If any of you are interested to test it, I can ask my brother to bring a few from Taiwan.

I was ready to buy a Marcus 3 or 1, but decided to wait because I had reservations about their firmware development. I felt they were rushing release. I picked up a SF2 for a good price ($130) with very similar specs to the Marcus 1 @$200.

I'll upgrade to a Guardtrak or Marcus 3 or WF1 at a later time.

Better take tf2 i grab it for 99€ much better than Marcus 1

YouTube videos are not a good indicator, try and find some original files off the camera if possible

Thanks for the commend. One question, Is it possible to upload my own video dash cam video to this site? If yes, what are the size limit ?

Thanks for the commend. One question, Is it possible to upload my own video dash cam video to this site? If yes, what are the size limit ?

yes sort of, if it's under 1mb :D

best if you want to make a large file available use a free site like www.mega.co.nz or www.copy.com and just provide a link, personally I like mega as their servers are very fast and they don't throttle the connection, it will run as fast as your connection allows

The Besta CR-S03 appears to be similar to many other Taiwanese cameras (perhaps a newer version of the DR32). See the Tekspring DR42M...it appears to be the same camera.
http://www.tekspring.com/pd.php?pd=dr&condition=%%

See this thread for the different name brands these Besta cameras sell as
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dr32-and-other-cams-in-the-series.1053/

DR42M has the closest look and spec as Besta CR-S03, but they are not the same camera
Besta is a well known company in Taiwan since 1989

CR-S03 vs DR42M
1. Viewing angle 160° vs 130°
2. Aperture 2.0 vs 2.4
3. Screen/display 2.4" vs 2.0
4. High-temperature lithium polymer battery: it can work safely under high temperature (Temp build up fast inside car with direct sunlight).
5. Certifications: BSMI, CE, FCC, RoHS (Tekspring did not mention it).

I asked my brother to order a few for me. I will post day/night video to you guys after I receive it.

revised: Just ordered 5 at $125 each + free 8GB MicroSD class 10 + shipping = :):p:);):):D

Last edited:
VicoVation Vico-SF2 140° vs VicoVation Vico-TF2. Much of a difference?

VicoVation Vico-SF2 140° vs VicoVation Vico-TF2. Much of a difference?

TF2+ can do 160 and 140 FOV SF2 only 140
TF2 has WDR SF2 has SDR
TF2 has A5 chip SF2 has A2 chip
Marcus 1 has A2 chip.

I don't know about Australian prices, but using US prices as a base.
The SF2 costs 200 dollars on Amazon
The Marcus 1 costs 200 dollars on Amazon
The TF2 costs around 220 on eBay

If the pricing is about the same in respect to the different models in Australia In all honesty I would just grab a TF2+ Premium it has WDR with the A5 and you can switch to the 140 FOV if you would like.

If size is an issues or you need GPS in your camera for the same price I would get the Marcus 1 since it is newer smaller and uses the same chip as the SF2. Vico says it is supposed to replace and look better then the SF2

Tf2 in Poland cost me 99 €

Tf2 in Poland cost me 99 €
roughly 136 USD.
You have an EZ don't you?
There is an EZ on eBay for 155 USD so not to bad of a jump i guess

Yes EZ. This is version designed for Russian market with default Russian language set up at startup but with invoice and guarantee so best choice on our market.

whatever you end up buying.

please try to buy one that is reliable, such as Panorama II/S. As the cost will be cheaper.

Back