2015 Grand Picasso fuse? Hard wire?

[iD]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, first post and hope someone can help.

I'm trying to install DDPai M6 Plus on my 2015 grand Picasso with "Add a Fuse".

I just can't find a fuse inside the cabin that will work. All fuses are small and my piggy back fuse is the bigger size.

I finally found a fuse I can use in the engine bay but can't work out how to run the wire from the cabin to the engine bay.

Has anyone found a fuse inside the cabin that they are using which will switch off when ignition is off? Or an easy way to run the cable in the cabin without taking apart the whole car?

Thanks in advance
Irf

You need the correct size fuse tap. The CIG, ACC and RADIO fuses is usually switched.

Don't piggyback from the engine bay. A lot of critical circuits are fused there.

My Peugeot has the same sort of setup. The solution (I hope) is in the post on the way to me. It's a custom built low voltage disconnect that I can configure to turn the camera on shortly after the engine fires and off again after it shuts off. Or, I can use it as a regular BDP device if I ever want to have a parking mode, and all off the same constant live fuse (in my glovebox fusebox, they are all constant live).

Have a look here:
http://www.reuk.co.uk/shop-LOW-VOLTAGE-DISCONNECTS-LVD.htm

I've ordered the mini version but I emailed the owner and asked about programming different voltages instead of the ones listed. For a very reasonable extra charge he said it can be done. I'll be installing it ASAP when it arrives, I'll let you know how well it works.

DONT USE THE UNDER BONNET FUSES
Buy a fuse tap of the correct size and a multimeter to test the fuses inside.
Be aware that some modern cars have delays on the accessory fuses to allow lights to stay on etc
Safest way is look for ciggy lighter fuse or roof light fuse and sit in car turn it off and lock it with key out then wait 30 mins and test out those two fuses. If they are dead use one of them If they are still live look for some others.

Modern / high end cars.. have a lot of fancy electronics that make it difficult to find power that truly is off or on. Key-less vesicles for example sense proximity to your key fob to turn on circuits. Some will power off an always on circuit ..if.. it detects power consumption that was not expected in the design.

Back