2160p/24fps and 1080p/60fps video from a quadcopter

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
just took my quad out today even though it's cold and windy. set the camera to 2160p, gyro on (but i don't think it works at that resolution anyway - i saw the little "hand" icon at the bottom of the screen turn white to indicate that it wasn't active), and everything else auto. camera was mounted to a plate with silicon dampers, but that's it. all things considered, it did pretty good.

you can even see the curvature of the earth! (yeah, ok, you can see the fish-eye effect :p)

if you don't see full quality, wait a few minutes and try again - youtube is probably still processing it.

here's a couple screencaps from the above video. odd how they look horizontally squished to be 4:3 even though the video plays in 16:9 in VLC. granted, my monitor is only 1920x1200 so i can't watch it in native resolution, but still.

vlcsnap-2016-02-04-11h58m29s430.png

vlcsnap-2016-02-04-11h55m35s121.png

Last edited:
and here's a similar flight (taken right before the one above) in 1080p60 with gyro ON. you can tell how windy it was, especially higher up, because of how both i and the quad's own self-leveling were fighting it, especially on the way back down to land. this time my landing on the table wasn't quite as nice - almost completely missed the first time, and the quad corrected itself with a burst of power before i came in for a rather bouncy landing.

i've noticed that even with a smooth landing, when gyro is turned on, the image almost drunkenly drifts to the right side, right after touchdown. the quad is not rotating, but the camera makes it look like it is. must be resonation from the motors/props. it's very obvious in this video. again - if you can't see full quality, wait a few minutes for youtube to finish processing.

and here's a screencap from the 1080p video:

vlcsnap-2016-02-04-12h52m23s704.png

If it isent build then its a storm drain :D only lately have we Danes found out that water have to go somewhere, and with the increase in rain ammounts we experienced a little problems now and then.

My friend just found out cold temperatures on his flight batteries take a huge bite off his flight time, about 1/3 if my memory serve me right.
But that was a fjew weeks back when we was in the negative temperatures here, now we are allmost back up on 2 digit temperatures again.
No doubt the Danish winter is over for this year though febuary is allso rated as a winter month.

If it isent build then its a storm drain :D only lately have we Danes found out that water have to go somewhere, and with the increase in rain ammounts we experienced a little problems now and then.

My friend just found out cold temperatures on his flight batteries take a huge bite off his flight time, about 1/3 if my memory serve me right.
But that was a fjew weeks back when we was in the negative temperatures here, now we are allmost back up on 2 digit temperatures again.
No doubt the Danish winter is over for this year though febuary is allso rated as a winter month.
there's also a golf course on the right side of the road. that's not part of my neighborhood though - much larger (and MUCH more expensive) houses there... but i have no interest in golf or golf courses, except that sometimes they land and launch hot air balloons there, which is neat to watch.

there have been several times that we were very glad that the drainage/retention ponds were there. pretty amazing to think about how much water it takes to fill one of them... and after one storm that lasted 3 days, the pond where the tractor was mowing grass was about half full. that's a LOT of water!

and yes, cold affects battery time. it was probably about 45-50f today and very windy - i wore a light leather jacket and a baseball cap to keep the sun out of my face. and darn it - i forgot to set up the git1 to record my view of flying it. maybe this weekend or something, when i visit some friends at their new house.

View attachment 20660

Practice golf balls for landing gear. With this little 1500mah battery, i only got about 4 minutes of flight time. Without the camera (which is about 300g with the waterproof case) i get about 5 minutes of flying time.

I need to search for some practice golf balls, broke a leg on my 250 :) You should try a bigger battery i constantly get 10+ minutes out of my 2200 one, I bough also a 2nd one (same capacity), a Zippy Compact (10 euro) from Hobby King.

I need to search for some practice golf balls, broke a leg on my 250 :) You should try a bigger battery i constantly get 10+ minutes out of my 2200 one, I bough also a 2nd one (same capacity), a Zippy Compact (10 euro) from Hobby King.
I bought my practice golf balls at wal-mart: $1.80 for 15 of them! make sure you use the smallest zip-ties you can so that they will break away if you crash hard enough. i'd rather lose a golf ball than break an arm or the motor wires. i doubt you have walmart there, but i'm sure you have other discount stores...

i'm looking at batteries on amazon - found a 2 pack of fluoreon 2200mah 3s for $26 shipped. it's going to have to wait though - my phone is acting up so i think i'm going to buy another phone soon. that and i just had to put $100 into my truck since the clutch hydraulics started leaking. it's on my wish list though: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/16M71QF32UJNK/ref=cm_wl_list_o_2?

I have found them on eBay, 12pcs for 1.49 GBP form China, will probably order them. Before you choose the battery also take a look at the connector (XT60) in your case.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Git2 7