2160p resolution size?

daoust

Reaction score
Country
Canada
We all know that we don t have the 4k or UHD format in the gitup2 cam , but we have the 2160p size that is 2880x2160 size . So my question is how the git2 cam achieve the 16x9 size? Does it stretch the picture horizontaly , or it manage another way to get it done? So basicly , does it keep the shape of the picture to the normal aspect or does it stretch it ?

The video is encoded as 2880x2160 and anamorphic (distorted) image which is 4:3 aspect ratio , but inside video there is flag (information) as 16:9 aspect ratio. When a player is playing a video, it is reading this flag to know how to display the image. So the interpolation from 2880 to 3840 is done by the hardware or software player resulting in a 4K image.

enjoy,
Mtz

and unfortunately, not all software handles it perfectly. when i took a screenshot (using VLC's "take snapshot" function) from some 2160p video from my git2, it looked horizontally compressed, even though it looked OK in VLC while being played. Wonder if @gitup could provide that as a proper 4:3 resolution without the distortion, so it doesn't look compressed.

2160p screenshot:
quadcopter1-2880x2160.png

1080p screenshot:
quadcopter3-1920x1080.png

In particular, look at the houses - they look taller and skinnier in the 2160 image.

VLC "take snapshot" as you describe is working correct and if your can save as PNG is even better because is preserving the right information from original video. Maybe VLC have another option which can be used to take a snapshot from the processed image which is already interpolated by it.

enjoy,
Mtz

Personally I prefer use the Splayer, it will play the 2160P as 4:3, while need play as 16:9, I will use VLC.
The reason I use the Splayer it is that no AD promoted, and will download the subtitle automatically while I watch English movies.

SO basicly it will stretch the image to fit the 16x9 ratio. So there is no other way to have 24fps with this cam in a real 16x9 ratio.

SO basicly it will stretch the image to fit the 16x9 ratio. So there is no other way to have 24fps with this cam in a real 16x9 ratio.
Yes, this is limited by the chipset.

does a firmware update can give us the 24p in 144o and 1080 resolution. I belive I have read that the sensor can support this resolution without a probleme.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gibson99 Git2 8
Back