2ch Sony Exmor 1080p/30fps + 720p/30fps GPS BlackSys CF-100

Does your GPS take a while before it comes on? Mine doesn't pick up after I drove for about 5 - 10 minutes. If I'm parked in the garage, it doesn't pick up at all.
I can judge by the status light only and as far as I can tell it takes 15-20 sec before the GPS light goes on. The GPS and camera light turns on at the same time.

Where did you mount your CF-100 GPS antenna?
I'm removing my camera every time I'm leaving the car for more than 10-15 min, so in order not to disconnect additional plug I've run antenna's cable around the mount and taped the receiver to the back side of the camera where black textured area is. Everything works fine, but I'm afraid if it's going to mess up something in the long run.

good choice of mounting a gps antenna.
If it has not affected anything yet, then I believe nothing should happen in a long run.

My recent sunny day-time drive front + rear camera screenshots

Blacksys CF-100 Day (1) Front.jpg
Blacksys CF-100 Day (1) Rear.jpg

Blacksys CF-100 Day (2) Front.jpg
Blacksys CF-100 Day (2) Rear.jpg

Blacksys CF-100 Day (3) Front.jpg
Blacksys CF-100 Day (3) Rear.jpg

Blacksys CF-100 Day (4) Front.jpg
Blacksys CF-100 Day (4) Rear.jpg

Blacksys CF-100 Day (5) Front.jpg
Blacksys CF-100 Day (5) Rear.jpg

Below are PC player screenshots I made last year, but forgot to post.
NB! Last year firmware is slightly different to present one. Day time performance is same, but night time of today ( M1.2 ) firmware is better.
Those screenshots below are just to show how PC Player looks / work.

BlackSys CF-100 Day PC Viewer (1).jpg

BlackSys CF-100 Day PC Viewer (2).jpg

BlackSys CF-100 Day PC Viewer (3).jpg

BlackSys CF-100 Day PC Viewer (4).jpg

BlackSys CF-100 Day PC Viewer (5).jpg

BlackSys CF-100 Day PC Viewer (6).jpg

BlackSys CF-100 Day PC Viewer (7).jpg

BlackSys CF-100 Day PC Viewer (8).jpg

BlackSys CF-100 Day PC Viewer (9).jpg

BlackSys CF-100 Day PC Viewer (10).jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, let me try. :eek:)
now my CF-100 is firmware 1.2 with rear do not work from updated so if i want rear camera work again. i should update firmware 1.2 again with only main unit after that connect rear camera and then the rear camera will came back right?

Thanks.

now my CF-100 is firmware 1.2 with rear do not work from updated so if i want rear camera work again. i should update firmware 1.2 again with only main unit after that connect rear camera and then the rear camera will came back right?

Thanks.

Yes, that what I did, - updated without rear camera connected. It worked for me. You may check my front + rear camera video screenshots in THIS post.

Last edited by a moderator:

looks like that price is good thru nov 15 and free shipping - GPS is now 19.99, not 24.99. they also have the hardwire kit with battery discharge prevention built in for $35 - not bad compared to the list of discharge preventers on the main page of dashcamtalk, esp considering this one apparently offers cutoff at 12.4vdc and has a timer function as well. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4KN1ZG7375

i don't know why they bother with a 16gb card though - seems to me 32gb is a bare minimum for 1080p + 720p video, especially when using parking mode. if i get it, i'll be putting in a 32gb card before i even put it in the car.

i'm thinking long and hard about this... i may buy it with the hardwire/discharge prevention kit and no gps. 165 isn't pocket change for me, but it could be very cheap insurance. our van has already been hit & run 2 times in a parking lot - $400 and $750 to fix. the REALLY sad part? both times it happened, it was parked AT CHURCH!!! if we can get a license number or at least a good description of the perp, there's a good chance we'll catch them next time.

After your posted links to the cam, I might dive into this one. Are there any features this cam lacks? I was looking into higher priced models but so far this one seems pretty good. Do you think it's worth waiting for the 200 model to hit the U.S?

Thanks for the reply and link. I will read and post back any other questions. Thanks again.

There is an error on your link but if it is the install on your Toyota, I read it this morning.

Could someone post a link to a 12v power supply so I can hard wire this instead of using the port inside the vehicle? I would like to take advantage of the newegg deal. Thanks.
Rob.

Back