3 channel vs 2 channel dashcam?

zakdk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advantage / disadvantages of both ,is the 3 channel worth the extra money ?

I dont bother with a interior camera, i would if i was a Uber / something driver, but as you know that is illegal in Denmark.
So my focus in on what go on around the car.
And i can relax picking my nose :)

Of course someone could say " i saw him, he was on his phone" but they would still have to prove that, well at least unless its a cop.
But in my perspective attentive driver or not is all the interior cam will help with when you do not have any passengers in the car.

So if anyone claim you was driving all over the god damn place with your phone in the hand, your front & rear camera will have you driving nice and easy in your lane or according to the roadside.

I’ve been running an interior cam for a while now and while it’s grown on me a bit, in general I prefer a front/rear setup. Here’s a video going over some use cases for the third interior cam:

thanks !!!!!!!!!!:)

A three channel set-up is only truly worth it if you are a Uber/Lyft/Taxi driver or want to keep a close eye on a teen driver.

hehe the 70mai omni i test, you can say take selfie, and the camera spin 180 degree around so you can take a selfie for your social media so you can show how a bubbly and trendy person you are.
And it is my understanding people actually do this, or / and take pictures of their food and share it, and what not.
Personally i am not camera suicidal as i call it, so very few pictures of me and even fewer i have taken myself with a phone or camera.

Why not consider a 4 channel unit instead?

I've found having a 4 channel dash cam allows me to see both ends of the cabin but even better these cameras capture what's going on outside the car which if positioned correctly can show side impact in the unfortunate case of a crash.

Also some models are actually easier to install because the cameras are only housed in 2 cylindrical units with one simple wire to the rear cameras.

Remember the most important feature of any dash cam is its reputation of being reliable.

If a Dashcam doesn't capture the crash then it's worthless and useless and extremely frustrating.

The more angles, the better

A couple videos of me getting rear ended

Exactly this. Have had some pretty crazy drivers over the last few weeks with one Land-Rover-psycho tailgating me, slowing down and then speeding up. Reported to police as all the angles with Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro and Viofo A229 Pro help with getting vision and the reactions he had on us passengers in the car.

Back