320XR+ low battery

whadahellbruh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had the Nextbase 320XR+ fitted by Halfords last month, and it's been recording fine when I'm driving but comes up with 'low battery please connect car charger' when it switches on due to movement such as me first getting in the car. I told Halfords and the wires were checked and seemed to be fine, so they gave me a new dashcam to try out. Charged it up at home that day and put it in, it was fine for a few days. Now it's saying low battery again and it's also got the wrong date and time on it, which I can change, but suggests it could have died?

Any idea what the problem is, and what I can tell Halfords?

Also, when I first got it and charged it up, it would come on with every movement and record, without saying low battery. Now it only occasionally comes on with deliberate movement, and when it does it says low battery. Records fine once engine is on, but the date is a few days behind!

Is your car stop/start ?

OK, that rules out power breaks.

It sounds like they've wired it to an ignition only source so it's running on its own battery flattening it. Ignition only is fine if you disable parking mode and idle G-force sensors, etc.

OK, that rules out power breaks.

It sounds like they've wired it to an ignition only source so it's running on its own battery flattening it. Ignition only is fine if you disable parking mode and idle G-force sensors, etc.
Oh okay, that would make sense. So I'll just have to ask them to rewire it?

It has been recording things when parked up, but only people walking past the car etc. I thought that might be draining the battery, but the g sensor has only been on medium. And it's still saying low battery, and sometimes when I'm deliberately making movement it's not been coming on. Obviously I shouldn't have to keep charging it up at home!

Thanks for your reply :)

Needs wiring to permanent live if you want to capture overnight movement.

Before they do rewire, make sure the hardwire kit has a voltage cutoff or your car battery may go flat.

Back