360 degree single lens camera

dahur1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered an Andoer 360 single lens camera from China and should have it next week. ($113-Amazon).
I'm hoping it will be the 360 degree solution I've been looking for, or at least a step in the right direction.
The plan is to attach it my visor, so it will be upside down. The software lets you invert the HD image, and I'll power it with the USB battery I'm currently using, (under the visor) with my rearview mirror dashcam.

It has a driver's mode that puts the recorded video into 3 minute segments on the 32 gb card, and overwrites the oldest files when filled.
Most of these, including this one has wifi ability to connect with your smartphone for the image, and editing of your settings.

Has anyone else tried one of these out for a dashcam, and if so, how did it work out for you...?

I'm surprised no one has tried one of these yet. It seems like a great (economical) solution to see all around your car.

I'll post my review after I've used it for a while.

Looks interesting, looking forward to your review and sample videos.

I'm surprised no one has tried one of these yet. It seems like a great (economical) solution to see all around your car.
Maybe because it's not what the common dashcam user wants? They are usually more interested in capturing details of what's in front or behind the vehicle rather than having a nice but distorted panoramic view where they can hardly get any significant details from.

Last edited:
Actually if you look at some footage, when the camera is facing forward you get a bubble type distorted view. If you have the camera facing up (or down) you get a panoramic undistorted view. You use your mouse and drag the picture around to see on the side and behind. Go to Facebook, and type in Facebook 360. They have a lot of posters videos and photos as an example.

I ordered an Andoer 360 single lens camera from China and should have it next week. ($113-Amazon).
I'm hoping it will be the 360 degree solution I've been looking for, or at least a step in the right direction.
The plan is to attach it my visor, so it will be upside down. The software lets you invert the HD image, and I'll power it with the USB battery I'm currently using, (under the visor) with my rearview mirror dashcam.

It has a driver's mode that puts the recorded video into 3 minute segments on the 32 gb card, and overwrites the oldest files when filled.
Most of these, including this one has wifi ability to connect with your smartphone for the image, and editing of your settings.

Has anyone else tried one of these out for a dashcam, and if so, how did it work out for you...?

Video from a camera such as this would be impractical and virtually useless as evidence should you need to hand off footage to law enforcement or an insurance adjuster.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that this camera can shoot in loop mode or is otherwise intended for use as a dash cam.

The facebook 360 photos and videos work better from the Chrome browser. There are also YouTube 360 videos to check out. I personally think it's the way to go.

Here's an example of 360 YT video. Remember you can drag the image all around you.
Also adjust your settings to HD for a better picture.

Last edited:
The facebook 360 photos and videos work better from the Chrome browser. There are also YouTube 360 videos to check out. I personally think it's the way to go.

Here's an example of 360 YT video. Remember you can drag the image all around you.
Also adjust your settings to HD for a better picture.

Distorted, gimmicky footage like this would not only be a very poor evidentiary record, there is a high likelihood it would not even be acceptable to a court in a legal action.

Here's another one. There are quite a few on YT.

I wonder if 360 cameras are going to threaten the status quo of regular dash cams..?

Last edited:
I wonder if 360 cameras are going to threaten to the status quo of regular dash cams..?
IQ has to improve considerably before they even have a chance to get in the running.

Back