4/9/2016 T-boned by a driver

Spooky_Delta

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W
I've had my G1W for 3 years now and now it has come in handy.

The Honda driver tried to argue by saying I was in the wrong and I was going to argue with her but there was no point to since the video speaks for itself.

No one was hurt and the damage to my car seems cosmetic, can't say the same for the other driver.

My car:
me.jpg
me2.jpg

The other car:
them1.jpg
them2.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody in their right mind could find you at fault in that crash. The other driver trying to blame you is just their pathetic way of trying to get out of the mistake they know they made.

Sorry about this, went through a very similar situation myself a day after yours. Luckily we had these cams. People are idiots

Did you let that driver make false statement to police first? When police gets to you and you show them the dash cam and offer footage, they'd know if the other driver tried to lie his way out.

NEVER, ever, ever, ever mention cameras. Let them rant & rave, even try to be a tad submissive - almost like it was your fault - lull them into a false sense of security.
Give them the impression that they have the upper hand.
Almost as though you aren't sure what happened, let them tell you what they think happened & go with the flow (you can agree to their version without ever actually agreeing).
Then, of course, comes the filling in of insurance forms... Except YOUR insurance form will tell the truth & this will be backed up by solid evidence - stills from your onboard camera, the full, unedited footage can be found on YT/included on dvd/dropbox or similar.
Make sure you also include pictures from google streetview showing appropriate signage, maybe even include streetview pics from her perspective - look how, even sat way behind the stop line, she has an uninterrupted view for miles up the road.

Sweet, sweet karma. :D

BTW, loving your nail polish - what colour is that?

Did you let that driver make false statement to police first? When police gets to you and you show them the dash cam and offer footage, they'd know if the other driver tried to lie his way out.

The police did not show up. If no one was hurt then there was no need for the police to show up. The Honda driver tried to argue by saying I was in the wrong and I was going to argue with her but there was no point to since the video speaks for itself. I DID NOT tell the other driver that I had a dashcam. Instead of arguing I cut her off and asked if everyone was ok.

NEVER, ever, ever, ever mention cameras. Let them rant & rave, even try to be a tad submissive - almost like it was your fault - lull them into a false sense of security.
Give them the impression that they have the upper hand.
Almost as though you aren't sure what happened, let them tell you what they think happened & go with the flow (you can agree to their version without ever actually agreeing).
Then, of course, comes the filling in of insurance forms... Except YOUR insurance form will tell the truth & this will be backed up by solid evidence - stills from your onboard camera, the full, unedited footage can be found on YT/included on dvd/dropbox or similar.
Make sure you also include pictures from google streetview showing appropriate signage, maybe even include streetview pics from her perspective - look how, even sat way behind the stop line, she has an uninterrupted view for miles up the road.

Sweet, sweet karma. :D

BTW, loving your nail polish - what colour is that?

As she was trying to argue with me I cut her off and asked her if she was ok. She kept trying to argue but I just told her that I would meet her at the police station. (Police in my area don't come out until someone in the accident is injured) I NEVER mentioned that I had a dash cam. As soon as the accident happened I took my dash cam and hid it. After filing the police report I got on the phone with my insurance and they did the whole google maps bit. They wanted a crop down version of it. But I told them I still have the unedited version just in case.

Also I'm a guy and that was the other driver's hand haha.

Taking a picture of the intersection as it was at the time of the accident helps.
Whether stops signs were missing, or there, etc.

:)

I'm not sure i'd hide the cam. It would be nice to have video of the driver walking around, uninjured, in case that part of the story changes later, and also whatever they are saying. :)

Taking a picture of the intersection as it was at the time of the accident helps.
Whether stops signs were missing, or there, etc.

:)

I'm not sure i'd hide the cam. It would be nice to have video of the driver walking around, uninjured, in case that part of the story changes later, and also whatever they are saying. :)

My insurance did the whole street view on Google maps to do get a clear picture of the intersection.

I didn't even think of having a video of them uninjured. Good tip to know next time.

My insurance did the whole street view on Google maps to do get a clear picture of the intersection.

I didn't even think of having a video of them uninjured. Good tip to know next time.
Google Street view doesn't help when there is road construction going on (which is a constant thing in a city like Houston), so taking photos and video of the scene are still the best thing to do. And even if Street view does show construction, it can't show that a barrier had been moved, a sign was blocking views, or that trench plates had been installed, completely removing all traction when it's raining. And that brings up another factor - Street view almost always has perfect weather and full sunlight, but your accident scene might not have either. Mine didn't.

And on that note... Keep the car running (as long as the damage isn't too bad such as a busted radiator, which will quickly overheat the engine) so the camera can keep rolling. Even if your cam has parking mode, parking mode may not catch everything you need it to catch.

Automatic built-in defense: CR-V driver

She said that the Hyundai let her go.
Shows the messed up logic that some people have.
In any case if the Hyundai was the oncoming car, it wasn't 'letting her go.' It was waiting for it to be safe to turn.
Some people just can't read the road.

Back