412GW

dimtheo

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello
first time with a dashcam and trying to figure out where to mount it . I am using the sticky mount and not the suction mount for my tests.
see the attached picture and tell me if i can go any higher and mount the camera over the area with the black dots. what are these for ?
thanks

Last edited:
Yeah. Go a lot higher, in fact if you include the dots in the top 1/4 of the frame, it cuts down the glare and makes it easier for the auto exposure to work. The suction mount will fall off the dots PDQ.

if i want to remove the stick pad from the dots in the future , will the dots come off too ?

Unlikely as they are usually bonded/etched on. My only experience is with Honda cars and they certainly do not come off on those.
But please experiment with temporary fitment until you get it right. If the suction mount doesn't stay put long enough then use sticky tabs with it before you commit to the sticky mount.

It's too low and in UK, would likely fail an MoT test because of it.
Get it up high out of your sight-line

Hi there,

In answer to your questions above;
1) No, they're separate modes and the the sensitivity of one will not affect the other. Even if you turn Off the sensor for regular use, the Parking Mode sensor will still work.
2) No, there is not an automatic notification. The quickest way is to check on the app for new footage.
3) yes, the Dash Cam will record when Screen Saver is on.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in contact.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Last edited:
hi Millie

is there a speed display setting in the app settings ?

Hi there,

Apologies for my mistake, I read the link above as 422 not 412. The Speed Display is only available on the Series 2 Dash Cams. (With a S2 Dash Cam, the Speed i would be changeable from the app).

Once again apologies for the confusion.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

hello

this has happened 3 times so far. When the cam is recording and i turn the car off , the video gets corrupted and when i try to view it i see the image i have uploaded

is this a known bug ?

Last edited:
Hi,

No, this is not a known bug. What SD card are you using please? And what Firmware is the Dash Cam on?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

i have the latest firmware , i downloaded it fromy our website and i flashed it 4 days ago
the sd card is SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-I

Where did you get your Dash Cam from please? And when was it purchased?
Does the Dash Cam start without a power supply?
Please could I also have a photo of the front and back of the SD card?

Thanks,
Millie

Does the Dash Cam start without a power supply?
Please could I also have a photo of the front and back of the SD card?

Thanks,
Millie

sometimes it does start without a power supply and some other times it starts with power. Do i have to plug the cam in before i start the car ?

this is the exact sd

if you need an actual picture of mine , let me know

That's what Millie asked for. :eek:
Twice.

d1f537e03aa14de56d1e27e2f411e04a.jpg
ef327f209300c56178e9277cb83ade29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for providing the photos, I had to check that the SD card was genuine.

When you review the footage from the 412GW, is it purely the shut down clip that's corrupted, or all the footage files?

Also regarding powering; yes, I would recommend to always have the Camera powered when possible to prevent the battery from draining to flat. Have you given the Camera a 3 hour full charge
since purchasing it?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

hello

no several clips are like that not just the last one .
i did charge the cam for 3 hours when i first got it but it did power on several times while charging due to the very sensitive g sensor

I'd recommend doing this test:

1) Take your Dash Cam inside and plug it into mains power using the Nextbase provided USB cable. .

2) Remove any rear Cameras or SD cards and turn the Dash Cam on. Please turn Parking Mode OFF as this could interfere with the test results.

3) Let it charge for 2-3 hours whilst turned off.

4) Unplug the power cable, turn the Dash Cam on and time how long the Dash Cam stays on for. The time it takes for the battery to drain will help us identify the root cause

5) Please remember that after this test your Dash Cam will once again need charging as the battery will be flat.

Please let me know how long the battery lasts for.

Millie- Nextbase

Back